1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Samsung S5 and accessory releases

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by patientcero, Feb 24, 2014.

1. patientcero

patientcero Loaded Pockets

The Mobile World Congress is currently going on in Spain, here are a few videos of the upcoming Samsung line.

Galaxy S5

Galaxy Gear Neo

Galaxy Gear Fit fitness device

2. phatch

phatch Loaded Pockets

It's good to see the rise in waterproof/dustrpoof gear. Wearables aren't exciting me yet.

The phone market is approaching commoditization I think and we're soon going to see more companies leave the market rather than enter or expand it. Is Samsung in the Dell position where the market is theirs to lose? I like the Samsung phones so far and use a Note 3 heavily. But this market is facing some serious correction with lower priced phones matching the flagship phones for hundreds of dollars less. Rumor is that the S5 will be priced down from where the S3 and S4 entered the market.

Interesting times and good to be a consumer.

3. Evilbunny

Evilbunny Loaded Pockets

Waiting for the note 4 and the galaxy gear to be water proof and i'll be upgrading'

4. Gallows
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gallows EDC Junkie!!!!!

If I can two more months out of my iPhone then the S5 looks like a great upgrade.

5. littlequick
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

littlequick EDC junkie

Loving the size of that fitness.

6. photoboy2005

photoboy2005 Loaded Pockets

you know. would of the mistake samsung made with the gear line was not making the strap for the watch interchangeable. I do like the idea of the gear technology, but if I cant fit it on my massive wrist why buy it.

certifiednut likes this.
  7. phatch

phatch Loaded Pockets

My understanding of the gear strap is that the strap contains some of the bits like the camera and microphone. It's not just a watch on a screen with a bluetooth connection.

8. Evilbunny

Evilbunny Loaded Pockets

The new gear put those into the body so you can replace the band.,

9. kikaida

kikaida Loaded Pockets

Just waiting for it to come out in stores on April 11. I plan to upgrade that day hopefully. I've been sticking it out with my Samsung Infuse 4G that crashes all the time. Worst phone I ever had.

10. faca

faca Loaded Pockets

I expected more about s5 :-P

Enviado desde mi GT-I9195 mediante Tapatalk

11. Gallows
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gallows EDC Junkie!!!!!

I wonder how long we will have to wait after the release before there is a decent case available?

12. Evilbunny

Evilbunny Loaded Pockets

i estimate a
    month estimate

13. Gallows
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gallows EDC Junkie!!!!!

Preordered the S5 today. Looking forward to the larger screen over my iPhone 4S.

MangeD700 likes this.
  14. MangeD700
    • In Omnia Paratus

MangeD700 EDC Junkie!!!!!

I´m getting different information about the S5, does it have the FM-radio built in or don´t it?

If it has it, i´m totally going to upgrade my S4 Active...

15. cole3418

cole3418 Loaded Pockets

I still have the Galaxy S3 and it is still fantastic. No reason to upgrade

16. Rasthor

Rasthor Loaded Pockets

There were a couple old webpages that said they're putting the FM radio back in having learned their lesson from the S4 release. But, none of the current reviews made any mention of it. Samsung's own specs page on the S5 don't say anything about it either, and I'm sure there would have been some mention of it somewhere. I still think I'm going to wait until next month for the 5 instead of getting the 4 today.

17. kikaida

kikaida Loaded Pockets

When I saw that the only improvements were a faster core (2.5GHz quad core vs 1.9GHz Quad Core) and 16MP camera vs the S4s 13MP camera, I decided that it was better to upgrade to a free S4 Active and not pay the extra money. I don't need the fingerprint scanner or the heartrate monitor. The amount of RAM is the same (2GB) and still no FM radio. Sure, the S5 has a larger battery, 2800mAH vs 2600mAH, but much of that increase (200mAH) is going to the processor. The rumors hyped the phone too much, like a metal body, 4GB RAM, 8 core processor. I too would like to have the FM radio back so I can listen to the monitors while I work out at the gym.

The plastic body I could care less about, since I'm going to have it in a tough case regardless. And EVERYONE I know who has those phones with the metal body has their phone in a case anyway, so what good is a metal body? The disadvantages are: Non-removable battery (this is crucial because li-on batteries start to deteriorate significantly after the first year and will drain faster will not last as long), and Non upgradeable memory. If you want more memory, then you have to pay hundreds for a model with more memory, and I think that's ridiculous, when memory is so cheap nowadays. So I'm glad they kept the plastic body.

18. Rasthor

Rasthor Loaded Pockets

If I'm honest, I only want the heart rate monitor to play with when I'm at the gym. And the larger screen, of course. So other than the monitor, I could easily go with the 4, or even the Note 3. And I'll probably put it in a Spigen slim armor case if they make them available for it. I saw it in the S4 thread and took a real liking to it.

19. kikaida

kikaida Loaded Pockets

You can already download the Instant Heart Rate app from the google play store. They have also the app in iTunes and the app works even with the S2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

20. Rasthor

Rasthor Loaded Pockets

Yea, I know. I've had one on my phone since the original Moto Droid years ago. I'm just trying to rationalize getting a new gadget. I'm sorta sensing a conspiracy here. I think in a round about way you're trying to talk me into getting the S4 now. WELL DONE, gentlemen. +1 on the instant gratification.