1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Samsung S4 Active

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by Mudinyeri, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

Anyone using one of these yet? Verizon still doesn't have a release date, but I'm giving serious consideration to upgrading to the Active once they're available through Verizon.

Good? Bad? Ugly? Compatible with non-Active accessories?

2. phatch

phatch Loaded Pockets

The warranty may not be what you might expect. Considering its claims for water and dust resistance/proof, ATT and Samsung have not been willing to back it up in the warranty. Read it carefully.

Mudinyeri likes this.
  3. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

Good tip.

4. phatch

phatch Loaded Pockets

As I recall, the reviews said the LCD of the Active was better than the AMOLED of the S4.

5. patrat

patrat Loaded Pockets

I gave up on it after reports of unreliability, the whole point of this waterproof dustproof etc is that the phone is hard to kill; which is pointless if it breaks for other reasons.

I ended up with the standard S4, wrapped in a (truly great) Seidio Obex case. I can watch youtube videos or listen to music while showering, and I took the phone sea kayaking without concern. The touchscreen goes nutso when it it wet (uncontrollable) but the phone itself stays safe. You have to briefly dry hands and screen to use the touchscreen.

The only issue I have had with the combo is that speakerphone does not work well for the other person, and also perhaps the autodimming works a bit poorly.