1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Samsung galaxy s4

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by Blitzwing, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Blitzwing
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blitzwing Loaded Pockets

What are you guys using for cases? I want something good and edc worthy.

I wish Karaskustoms made one

2. Modchop
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Modchop Loaded Pockets

I've had my S4 in a Otterbox 'Commuter' since last July and so far so good, it's obviously not water or dustproof but works well for general bumps and drops. I did look at their 'Defender' case but while it looked to be able offer more protection I couldn't live with the extra bulk so I tend to carry an Aloksak in my bag should I need water, dust protection etc. but still maintain a degree of functionality.

3. mlehto

mlehto Loaded Pockets

Urban Armour is a nice case.

Otterbox commuter is also very good.

I am not really a big fan of the Life Proof, as I have seen so many broken Iphones come out of them.

4. R_W

R_W Loaded Pockets

You should check out the Spigen Slim Armor View case. It has a hard front flap with a view window that mimics the flimsy case that Samsung offers. You can even answer calls with the case closed as the window has an integrated touch sensor. I have it in black. (Stock Photo Attached)

[​IMG]

eddie1115, Greco and PPCApache like this.
  5. R_W

R_W Loaded Pockets

Also, I really like it because it's different from what I see a lot of other GS4 Users have. I'm thinking of picking up a field case by Magpul too just to have variety. (Stock Photo Attached)

[​IMG]

6. ShadowE

ShadowE Loaded Pockets

7. xdglocker

xdglocker Loaded Pockets

I'm using the LIFEPROOF Fre . Really like it so far. I average probably 1 water drop a year so this case was a no brainer.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

8. Josh

Josh Loaded Pockets

I've been using the Magpul on my GS3 and so far I REALLY like it. It's light and thin but just rigid enough. It also has a terrific amount of "bezel" that sticks out past the screen for protection.

R_W likes this.
  9. MangeD700
    • In Omnia Paratus

MangeD700 EDC Junkie!!!!!

I have the original samsung case for my S4 Active.

From Northern Sweden

10. rangetroop

rangetroop Loaded Pockets

I am using the Otterbox defender. Its thick and a bit bulky but that gives me a bit of confidence that it might bounce when dropped. I thought I would not use the clip on cover with belt clip but I was wrong, its great for hanging off a belt loop. My old smartphone had an otterbox commuter for 2.5 years and the whole package survived some pretty impressive impacts!

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

11. Paulgl26

Paulgl26 Loaded Pockets

Otterbox defender black
    Dropped the phone a couple of times and it is still in one piece
    I know it's a little bulky but my phone was expensive :)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

VTAERO likes this.
  12. bleh

bleh Loaded Pockets

I use the Diztronic TPU case on mine. It's super slim, raises the bezel so you can lay it on a table without touching the display, and has enough give to protect against drops (I've tested this several times, accidentally, on a few different phones with the same case).

The Otterbox / Lifeproof / Magpul cases all add way too much bulk to an already pretty large phone.

aswan likes this.
  13. aswan

aswan Loaded Pockets

Couldn't agree more. The S4 in my opinion is the perfect sized phone, so added bulk puts it over the edge. I used to use an Otterbox Defender, and it was simply too big. I have the Speck CandyShell in black right now and it works just fine. I don't have the same comfort factor I had with my Otterbox, but that just forces me to be more careful with it.

14. bleh

bleh Loaded Pockets

Honestly, I think the TPU cases offer as much protection as the lower level otterbox cases do. It's the same material as their "soft inner layer", and that hard outer layer isn't really adding anything to the mix. The phone isn't taking any sort of torsional loads that would benefit from that rigidity, and any dropping is going to be cushioned by the soft TPU. I've had the Diztronic TPU cases on my last 3 phones, and I've dropped and abused all of them with no ill effects. the phones themselves are pretty darned rugged, you really just need to protect the corners and screen.

15. Blitzwing
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blitzwing Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the input.. I found a case on sale at best buy, it was a zagg case with the zagg shield Extreme screen protector.

Nice case part hard part soft.. Less bulky that the defender, alot less bulky.. Pretty sleek, and comes with the zagg Extreme screen protector and it fits in my skinth without an issue.

I'll do up a review when I have more than 3 days of use on it.

16. Dr Jekell
    • Administrator
    • In Omnia Paratus

Dr Jekell I had fun once, It was awful.
    Staff Member

I have an Otter box defender case on mine.

While the case does add a bit of bulk to the phone, the protection it offers and the fact that it makes it easier to hold (I have big hands) as well as having a screen protector (my job can get rather dirty), more than makes up for it.

it also helps to orientate the phone while half asleep &/or in the dark.

17. B.Haven

B.Haven Loaded Pockets

Just arrived today... Magpul S4 Case w/ "Guns and Coffee" logo.

[​IMG]

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

R_W and herosemblem like this.
  18. eddie1115

eddie1115 Loaded Pockets

I got a deal on the Samsung S View flip cover, and Spigen makes a clear Flip Mate case that fits around that flip cover. It's slim, moderate protection, if the flip cover is something you like.

19. Dusty Burkhalter

Dusty Burkhalter Loaded Pockets

I have mine in the Lifeproof NUUD right now. Really like the protection and the fact that I can actually touch the screen, however not crazy about the added size to the phone. I have two little boys though so better safe than sorry.

20. Ronnie Shierling

Ronnie Shierling Loaded Pockets

After having my last Droid phone in the ever loved Otterbox Defender that when I dropped it once the screen shattered. When I got my S4 I looked for a case that would handle a drop. Not finding any defining information I went with my gut and got the Urban Armour Gear for it. I have never been happier with a phone case. Will post a few pics of it shortly. Here are the pics with and without the phone in the case

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by Ronnie Shierling, Mar 12, 2014
    herosemblem likes this.