A few weeks ago I made the mistake of ordering a few Victorinox Alox knives to see what all the hoopla was about. The first was a Cadet in olive green followed by a silver farmer. It's been a while since I've gotten as much joy out of such a simple and fairly inexpensive item. Seeing some of the modifications done by members here got me wanting to give it a shot myself. There weren't many pictures showing disassembled SAKs or the order in which they go together, so I rode my bike to the local supermarket at 2am and picked up a few to experiment with. Removing the plastic scales with a razor blade revealed the brass rivets/pivots which were carefully drilled out. After removing the rivets and taking the Huntsman apart, I realized that I forgot to take pictures. Using the original brass rivets, I was able to get it mostly back together, at least enough to see how the parts fit together. Those pins kept falling out or the parts would shift, causing the tension to make parts move and it became annoying quick. Thats when the idea for the "SAK Station" came to mind. Using this aluminum plate that I found in the garbage, I marked out and drilled holes for correct sized pins to allow building these, or at least mocking them up and test fitting parts a much easier task. This plate is also used to mount a few different small vises to and is also my flashlight station. One 3 sides are locations for 58mm/ 84mm/93mm frame pin sizes. The pins for the 93mm are from the local hardware and 2 had to be turned down slightly to fit the center pin holes sizes. The 58mm pins are stainless steel tig welding rod. They are all staked in place with a punch and the fitment is excellent. The 84mm still needs to be done but, I have to go buy more pins and turn them all down. I've already started on some brass liners/scales and a few other things. Looking forward to yet another semi - inexpensive and enjoyable hobby....just what I need Anyway, I just thought this might help others who want to modify their knives to avoid the frustration I was starting to feel by the darn thing coming apart when I was trying to assemble it. Hoping to have my first custom build to share in the next week or two....waiting on screws. I plan to also ball mill under where the knife scales sits so a wooden tongue depresser can be used to pry the completed assembles up off the pins. Feel free to add your ideas here also! .