1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Sak classic sd alox

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by Greasezombie, Dec 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Greasezombie

Greasezombie Loaded Pockets

I just received my new sak, it's a classic sd with of green alox scales. My question is to everyone who carries one, how do you carry it it? Pros and cons to each type of carry? Keychain, neck chain, pocket? Thanks for the help!

2. aih

aih Loaded Pockets

I have to answer the question with a question(s)....

What will you be using the knife for? What is the most practical carry method for that purpose? What is your objective: Always have the item on you? Convenient, or comfortable carry? Something else?

I don't have that one (I do have a few others, including the pioneer). I wouldn't want to carry any knife on a key chain. Reasons are I don't think I would find that convenient for both carry and for use of the knife. But also, I travel by air all the time, and I would be taking the knife off the key ring all the time, or forget I had it and carry it with me to the airport.

I wouldn't carry on a neck chain because I just don't get it. But that's me. Others obviously get it, and if you have good rationale for it then that would trump anyone else's opinions.

I prefer pocket for knives that are small enough, and small enough for me depends on whether I'm wearing slacks or jeans or dress pants. For "pocket" knives that are a little too big or too big for the pocket, I prefer carrying those on the belt. But if I had the Classic I would carry it in a pocket.

I look forward to seeing what others say.

3. dRo0G

dRo0G Loaded Pockets

I‘m eagerly of the other responses... I dont have the exact model, I carry a pioneer plain or black with the small Leatherman on a pocket clip with two mini carabiners... I‘m thinking about just throwing the knife in the pocket because it annoys me to get it of the carabiner everytime I use it... Neck carry, for me, is just for small fixed. Never carried a folder around my neck...
    Belt carry is for MT or big folders and fixed for me.

4. Lellobeetle

Lellobeetle Loaded Pockets

Classic always goes on the keychain except I do carry one like this in my Easy Money Wallet
    [​IMG]

Melders likes this.
  5. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

When I carry a knife/sharp on a keychain, I attach it with a quick disconnect method for convenience. In my case this generally is a really small S-biner; usually from NiteIze, with twist lock just so I don't have to worry about losing it.

My approach however does not eliminate another issue, that being the wear on the knife scales from banging around on the keyring. Look around these forums. I've seen several posts where people either made or acquired tight fitting leather sheaths for the knife on the keyring. This protects it and makes for a quick removal from the keyring. The trick of course being for the sheath to fit tight enough not to lose the knife!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

6. ItsHardToKnow

ItsHardToKnow Loaded Pockets

Neck carry? lol

Pop it on your keychain and be done.
    Or in your pocket.

7. Yablanowitz

Yablanowitz Loaded Pockets

Mine isn't green, it's silver (more accurately aluminum color) Alox. I pocket carry it on a dangler so it doesn't get lost in all the other crap in my pocket.

Moshe ben David likes this.