1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Safety Pins?

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by Medic7158, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Medic7158

Medic7158 Empty Pockets

Who makes some really heavy duty safety pins? I've done a number of searches looking for some tough ones that are also resistant to rusting, but i can't find anything definitive. The ones I've been carrying are junk. After a popped a button on a pair of pants the other day and tried to do a quick fix with a safety pin, the things just kept bending up instead of going through the canvas pants. I also noticed they had a few spots of rust on them after only a year or so in my bag.

I just ordered a few of [ftphttp://www.spiraleyeneedles.com/][/ftp]. They look pretty cool and easy. Just trying to make a really useful sewing kit.

2. elkhills

elkhills Loaded Pockets

The uniform cleaning company we use has some really good ones. Way stronger than the cheapies you get at the store. They feel like they're made out of actual spring steel, it takes a little effort to operate them.

Maybe you could find one of those outfits, or the truck driver at least, and get a few.

Use your charming smile and bubbly personality, or, if you're a dude, slip him a couple bucks.

3. jehan60188

jehan60188 Loaded Pockets

tag
    need some good ones for my camping equipment

4. 17Chap

17Chap Loaded Pockets

How about the ones that come with bandoleers of 5.56 ammo? I couldn't quickly find a picture, but they are hefty, black and should be available at surplus stores and gun shows.

Chap

5. Medic7158

Medic7158 Empty Pockets

Or maybe i could pay you to send me a few of them? :poke:

6. elkhills

elkhills Loaded Pockets

Sure. Send me an address.
    Where's that smile?

7. Medic7158

Medic7158 Empty Pockets

Thank you very much. I appreciate the offer, but i found these. I think i'll give them a go.