1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Safety Glasses

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by Dan2, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Dan2

Dan2 Loaded Pockets

Do you EDC safety glasses, wich type and why?

2. Halligan

Halligan Loaded Pockets

I have them on me all day at work, prescription, keep a spare pair of whatever the storeroom has at the time in my fire gear at work and spare prescription and plain lenses in my fire gear at volunteer station. I do keep a large zip lock in my car and truck with cheapo safety glasses, dust mask, leather gloves, nitrile gloves and hearing protection as well.

3. Fabregas485
    • In Omnia Paratus

Fabregas485 Loaded Pockets

I will need to get some prescription ones made up for myself soon. I used to EDC safety glasses, but the type you would need would depend on the task you would need them for.

4. Halligan

Halligan Loaded Pockets

I actually have both prescription pair in progressive lenses now... thank god we get a new pair of glasses every year

5. KB3UBW

KB3UBW Loaded Pockets

Yes, Oakley flak jacket XLJ'S, because they perform main duty as my sunglasses and safety glasses outside, and because in less than 30 seconds I can switch out the lenses and have yellow lenses for inside/low light conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. KG2V

KG2V Loaded Pockets

My Willy-x sunglasses are saftey rated, my regular glasses are polycarb, but NOT safety rated - googles and over glasses "eyeglass" type saftey glasses in the truck, and I have a pair of prescription full up safety glasses on order. I feel "OK" with just slipping on glasses when I'm at the lathe/mill at home, and NOT wearing them when doing "hand work" at the bench, because I know there will be nothing else going on, and the polycarb glasses are "enough" IMHO. That said, I'm back to spending 'significant' time in a school shop (Volunteering) and they DO have a safety glass rule. They usually let me slide despit the regular glasses not having eye shields, but I want to set a good example

7. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

Only when I'm working in the lab or field. :)

8. Chimay

Chimay Loaded Pockets

I keep a pair of revision eyeware glasses in my truck. I opted for the transitions type lenses so I'd have one pair for inside or outside... I think I'll get another pair with clear lenses because in certain conditions I really need the clear like for cutting wood etc de nding on the light conditions and if the lenses have decided to be clear or not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

9. Ted Andkilde

Ted Andkilde Loaded Pockets

I've always got a pair on me and a couple of spares in the car, safety lock hanging on my belt as well, in and out of auto plants all day. Generally carry whatever is handed out as free PPE at the plants, toss them when they get too scratched up. My eyes are getting old and my ophthalmologist is pushing me to get glasses within the next year or so, so I'm going to watch this thread closely.

Cheers, Ted

10. beast

beast EDC Junkie

I buy them by the dozen and keep them everywhere. They remind me of my Oakley mumbos. I get them from our safety/medical supllier (Zee).
    [​IMG]

DBR likes this.
  11. hafpit

hafpit Loaded Pockets

I keep a pair of Dewalts in my work bag, and a pair of "rescued" shatterproof polycarbs in the car.

12. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

I keep a cheap pair in the center console of my truck.

13. tacticalchef

tacticalchef Loaded Pockets

I carry a pair of safety glasses with 1.5 magnification. I need to increase magnification and I am going to try a pair with 2 magnification segments per lens.

14. nick nitro

nick nitro Loaded Pockets

My daily sunglasses are Oakley or Wiley X. I use these because they are Z-87 rated. No worries about having to pack separate safety glasses. Or, worse, being caught unaware, accidents happen quick and by definition not planned events.

15. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

My safety glasses are the coke bottle bottom glasses I wear every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mooshisho likes this.
  16. TARFU
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

I use Peltor E.V.P.'s as my shooting glasses.

17. echo63

echo63 Loaded Pockets

I wear oakleys as my every day sunglasses, and have some lightly tinted lenses I can rapidly switch to for poor light.
    The oakleys aren't properly rated as safety glasses, but the lenses will pass the impact tests.

I have a pair of safety glasses on my work bench, and a second set with my power tools under the bench.
    It was drilled into me when I was younger - always wear safety glasses when using power tools and impact tools
    I tend to put them on when I walk into the shed, and take them off when I am done and locking up.

18. airwayguru

airwayguru Loaded Pockets

ESS. I like the interchangable lenses. As for getting them I buy from the military surplus stores. They get them buy the bulk load.

19. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

Safety glasses are the kinda thing I consider disposable, since they get worn when I expect stuff to hit/scratch/burn/melt them... Not worth buying nice/high end ones. So I have several pairs of the cheap ($5 max) ones from the hardware store... As long as they're industry impact rated, and somewhat comfortable. I also have a couple pairs of cheap Remington shooting glasses(like $10 on sale) that I keep for certain tasks, since they are more comfortable, and stay on better.(for instance running a chain saw for a few hours, I want more comfort)

One pair I need to get more of, is the ones they gave out at the welding course I took, they were rated to take out 90% or more of harmful UV in short bursts, in case you got flashed without your welding helmet on... They're still in the super cheap sub $5 range, but rated different. Just gotta find some.

G.

20. Gnarly
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets