1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Safe bets?

Discussion in 'Personal Security Devices & Self-Defense' started by urbanSamurai, May 13, 2010.

1. urbanSamurai

urbanSamurai Loaded Pockets

I'm meeting a friend in NYC for some dude time and general chicanery. We plan on going to a couple of places where we may get wanded so I plan on leaving my folder in the room. But I hate going without.

In your opinions, which would be the best bet if we're wanded or asked to show our pockets?

1) Sharpie
    2) kubotan key chain
    3) flashlight

Thanks in advance.

2. Ajax

Ajax Loaded Pockets

Sharpie definitely. Throw a small flashie on your keychain, some places with live acts are strict on no flashlights.

3. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Flashlight and Sharpie are your best bets.

4. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned

Go with a stainless Sharpie, I bought mine for more reasons than than just it's cool looks ,)

BE WELL .. GH

5. oldsarge

oldsarge Loaded Pockets

Unless you are crawling into the gutter with the junkies Ho's and other assorted low lifes, NYC is one of the safest places in the world. Every club or venue worth going to, has security that wands everyone and is very experienced in every kind of improvised or manufactured edged weapon known to man. If you are lucky they will just deny you entrance till you get rid of it. If you make a stink they will just call the cops. My best advice is avoid scalawags and neer do wells and have a great time.

6. urbanSamurai

You guessed my plans! ;)

No, I know that. My wife and I do weekends in Manhattan frequently. I just feel out-of-sorts without having something on me, just in case. It's like if you leave the house without your wristwatch.

7. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Ah . . . No. And I say that having lived in NYC for over 30 years.

Security at clubs varies from professional to pathetic. There's also a very easy way to sneak in any large knife past even the best Bouncers in the city. (But the description of the technique is no where near family friendly, so I'm not going to post it in this thread.)

8. urbanSamurai

We went to a Ranger game at the Garden and, though they were using wands, my friend (a NYC Cop) was able to walk in without them even knowing he had his gun on him. But I know what OldSarge means. Too many folks who are not from the area think NYC is inhospitable and a gang-filled war-zone, which isn't true in the least either,