1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Saddleback Wallets-Which one!?

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by TreetopFlyer, Jan 26, 2016.

1. TreetopFlyer

TreetopFlyer Loaded Pockets

So I may get the chance to pick myself up a Saddleback wallet (Finally!!!) but Im unsure of which one. My two favorites from what I've seen are the medium bi-fold, and the tri-fold. I've normally got 8-9 cards on me, including IDs, as well as cash and my challenge coin.

Could I get some opinions/thoughts/past experiences on the two? Feel free to chime in even if you don't have either but a different one, as I could probably still be swayed a different direction.

Pics are more than welcome as well, as I can't seem to get enough of those patinas... :wink:
    Thanks!

2. echo victor

echo victor Previously "YankeeHotelFoxtrot"

Hi,

I used the large Bi-Fold wallet for about a year, then moved to the FP ID wallet. I used the former for over a year and the latter for ~ 6 months. From there I moved to a Tumi Alpha multi-window card case, which I continue to use and don't plan to change unless I get bored or something very much better comes along.

I liked the Bi-Fold; in fact, I bought one for my oldest son. The reasons I moved from it were (a) because I got into the habit of carrying the wallet in the RH cargo pocket of my pants. The wallet's size made inserting/removing it to/from the pocket an awkward process. The FP wallet worked well until I decided I needed to carry cash. In moving to the FP wallet, I transferred virtually every loyalty and membership card that I could to the KeyRing app. I use it on my iPhone. This reduced the # of physical cards, but adding a few bills would swell the FP to the point that the leather was beginning to stretch and it didn't seem quite as elegant.

I found the Tumi which has worked very well for me. There are a couple of locations where I can fold cash and it has enough card slots for my license, debit, credit and insurance cards.

The SB wallets are VERY well-made.

A thought which just occurred to me: If you'd consider a used Bi-Fold (I have the tobacco color), DM me and I can take photos for you to check out. The wallet is sitting in a drawer and if you could use it, it benefits both of us.

<rant>
    What really sucks here in NJ is the fact that car insurance companies print proof-of-insurance cards on something like 3 x 4" paper. This requires folding the card into thirds to fit it into a small wallet. We can't use digital car insurance cards in NJ (and I wouldn't want to because I'm not giving a police officer my phone), but I really wish that insurers would print a laminated card the size of a driver's license.
    </rant>

Sorry; there, I feel a bit better now.

TreetopFlyer likes this.
  3. Austinwolv

Austinwolv Loaded Pockets

I've got the small bi-fold. Multiple cards/IDs + cash + frequent buyer cards.....need to clean it out actually. :)
    Carried the FP ID for a little while, but it wasn't big enough for my needs.
    VERY happy with both products. Both have help up very well and look handsome.

4. Bowman1911

Bowman1911 EDC Mechanic

Bullhide belts. My Elephant hide wallet was less than $100 from there. Saddleback has a sordid past on this forum, and well, JSB, our "founder of the Feast" is alright in my book. I may not have bought a bunch of stuff from the forum store, I try to do my part as best as I can to support our little part of the internet.... I've since retired all of my Saddleback products, same with Maxpedition.

After rereading this, it sounds like I've jumped on my soapbox, but I swear it's more of a personal thing to me, I promise I ain't preaching! Just try to pass on a bit about the Saddleback debacle when I can.

5. Chawk243

Chawk243 Empty Pockets

Both wallets are good choices but since I'm mainly a front pocket wallet fan I've been enjoying my Craft and Lore Port Wallet made from Horween Dublin. Works great if you don't have a bunch of cash to carry. All cards are easily accessible.[​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

echo victor and TreetopFlyer like this.
  6. TreetopFlyer

TreetopFlyer Loaded Pockets

Sorry all, meant to update the thread earlier however it's been crazy these past 2 weeks. Thanks for the responses, i ended up choosing the Bifold in dark coffee, it should be arriving tomorrow. YankeeHotelFoxtrot I would have bought yours however I already had a someone I was communicated to. I appreciate the offer though. Actually feel free to PM me the pics and price though, I have a friend or two that might be interested.

echo victor likes this.
  7. echo victor

echo victor Previously "YankeeHotelFoxtrot"

TreetopFlyer. OK will do. Please give me a couple of days and I will do so.