1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Saddleback Leather Colors?

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by grrradical, Aug 3, 2012.

?

Which is your favorite color?

1. Carbon Black

30.8%
  2. Chestnut

15.4%
  3. Dark Coffee Brown

19.2%
  4. Tobacco Brown

34.6%
  1. grrradical

grrradical Loaded Pockets

I wasn't sure where to drop this thread, but I was wondering what everybody's favorite shade/color was concerning Saddleback Leather products.

I'm trying to decide which color to get a new wallet in, and there aren't any really decent reference photos on their website. So chime in and share pictures if you have them!

2. crawdad62

crawdad62 Loaded Pockets

I just ordered the ID Wallet and wanted something to match the leather of my Duluth Trading Coin Catcher. It looks like Dark Coffee Brown was the closet and that's what I ordered. Haven't gotten it yet so I'm just guessing since I haven't seen any in person. I know if I got something bigger I'd go with that color regardless because I really think it looks "rustic." I do like the pictures I've seen of the Tobacco Brown and how it ages.

3. grrradical

grrradical Loaded Pockets

It seems like a lot of people go with the Dark Coffee Brown because it is what most consider a "traditional" sort of brown. I've also seen a few pictures of how Tobacco Brown ages and I think it ages better than Dark Coffee, especially with how it darkens and doesn't show wear as easily (in my opinion).

I found a picture comparing the different colors in really decent light: here. The Chestnut color is really gorgeous...

4. pacman

pacman Loaded Pockets

chestnut definitely.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2

5. Riggs

Riggs Loaded Pockets

Tobacco baby! To be honest, the old Dark tobacco brown was the best but they don't use that anymore.

6. Warhawk6565

Warhawk6565 Loaded Pockets

I have the carbon black medium bifold wallet.I love the coloration on it but i am partial to black wallets. Ive always carried them because my old man did and they go with anything. But for my dads birthday i got him the dark coffe brown notepad holder and i absolutly love the rich brown. It seems like it will age very well.

7. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

Don’t' read their color description/ personality analysis. I have three post grad degrees and Metallica and Slayer are my favorite bands. It means nothing.:hot:

enki_ck likes this.
  8. THX2008

THX2008 Loaded Pockets

Dark Coffee Brown card holder left, and Tobacco Brown on right. Both very attractive in their own way. The Dark Coffee Brown, as Bigelox mentioned, probably has more of a traditional look. My initial impression of the Tobacco was that it was too light for my taste. I've since rubbed it with mineral oil several times, mopped my forehead with it once or twice, and generally mistreated it. It's now begun to take on a little more character. Hard to go wrong with either though.
    [​IMG]

Mumbojumboo likes this.
  9. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

ok.....hell. I've got chestnut. maybe they are right?

bigelox likes this.
  10. Trunkmonkey

Trunkmonkey Loaded Pockets

I have a the beginnings of a nice Saddleback collection (various items in all colors) and the Tobacco is my favorite.

11. anitract

anitract Empty Pockets