1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Saddleback Leather Briefcase... INITIAL REVIEW... Now with PHOTOS

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by b.s., Oct 3, 2012.

1. KB3UBW

KB3UBW Loaded Pockets

Why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. cowsmilk

cowsmilk EDC Junkie!!!!!

Essentially, saddleback was good to the forums for awhile, but when they changed ownership/management, they took a Shi# on Jon and the forums. Jon will have a more thorough explanation if he feels its needed.

3. b.s.

b.s. Loaded Pockets

Sorry Jon .... Did saddleback pull support or were there other issues? I stopped buying maxped because of the customer service issues and the experiences you had... i even encouraged others to debadge their existing maxped products.

I hope saddleback rethinks it's support of the forum. I have been 100 percent satisfied with their CS and SBL is ultimately what led me to edcf...

Thanks in advance.

B.S.

4. cowsmilk

cowsmilk EDC Junkie!!!!!

No one should think less of you for using their gear, its just a sore subject for several reasons. I personally think their gear is well made, but I won't be buying most of their stuff due to the weight of the bags. I just don't see myself carrying that much weight around.

sungame and thePlumbah like this.
  5. THR-Thumper

THR-Thumper Empty Pockets

For what it's worth, I was directed to this site by Saddleback.

6. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

I understand they had a problem over on USN but I don't know the details.

Last edited by JonSidneyB, Jan 15, 2013
  7. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

My issue with them is a bit more complicated.

8. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

It had nothing about pulling support, they are within their rights to do that.

It does not surprise me that you were directed here. I have learned over the years that several businesses will direct someone here to get conversation going about them. I think the motive for them to direct you is suspect as I let them know I no longer wanted to communicate with them.

Many times the person they directed has no idea as to the motive. Your first post in the forum was related to Saddleback. You say they directed you here. The technique works, that is why some businesses do this.

That fact that you mentioned they directed you makes me think you were not aware that this was a ploy.

I understand they had a problem over on USN as well but I don't know the details.

Last edited by JonSidneyB, Jan 14, 2013
  9. THR-Thumper

THR-Thumper Empty Pockets

Sorry to have made my entrance as a pawn, then. Nice site you have here. Cool to find a group of people that knows that life's too short to carry crappy gear.

SAKplumber, Kripto and BrianEDC like this.
  10. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

No need to be sorry, it's not your fault. It is something quite a few businesses do. Welcome to the forum.

11. Wolf355

Wolf355 Empty Pockets

Sorry this post is a tad long...

I share the feeling. I loved their products but customer service is abysmal. I have the large classic briefcase, the large satchel, the large bifold, iPad mini case, portfolio, I'd wallet, pouch, bible cover and the XL briefcase (which I traded for the large). I was looking into purchasing a large wallet for my wife and I tried negotiating to get a little extra leather item as a bonus (something I had done in the past when purchasing from them - which they had gladly agreed to in the past) just a small inexpensive piece such as the business card wallet or something (20$ worth or so). I spoke with Christian over the phone and at first he agreed promptly to offer something. Then he looked into my file and saw I had gotten a similar deal when I purchased other items. His attitude totally changed and he became very distant and refused any negotiating. I was really surprised by this change and requested to speak with his supervisor. He referred me to Susan. She called me back the following day. I got into the conversation with her and finally got here to tell me that there was a note in my file to never let me have extra leather. I found this quite insulting since I have been nothing but kind to these guys, I was never rude or bullying and have spent a nice chunk of cash on their products. I simply wanted to get the best bang for the buck considering what it costs to import their products (into Canada).

Not only did they refuse (which could have been fine and we'll within their prerogative) but they made me feel as if I was such a criminal for having asked and the attitude they gave off was really rude. I wrote and email to them to let them know I would no longer purchase from them no matter how great their products are. I was looking into purchasing a ton more products for the family and friends. Now, instead I will be telling everyone about my horrible service and I will recommend that people stay away from this company.

Attitude and respect for your customers is REALLY important. Too bad these guys have none.

Just my 2 cents.

Wolf

12. twogunmojo

twogunmojo Banned

i always wanted one of their satchels and i like the look of saddle back but i will not buy mexican when there are american alternatives...

HimalayanHitman likes this.