1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

S&W Shield Picture thread.

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Fisticuffs, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Fisticuffs

Fisticuffs Loaded Pockets

Lets see em. Just got one a couple weeks ago havent dont much with it yet, but curious as to what some others may have done.

2. BubbaFett
    • In Omnia Paratus

BubbaFett Loaded Pockets

Here's mine. Talon grips & PJ Holster. Mag Packer from DeSantis. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Chicago-Spike

Chicago-Spike Loaded Pockets

So far I've shot 600 rounds through it and I think it's a great little gun. I carry it daily now in my Crossbreed SuperTuck and I've added Talon Rubberized Grip to it to make it feel much better in your hand.
    [​IMG]

This weekend I will be taking some of the horsehide off near the grip end to better grip it when I draw

[​IMG]

c99camper likes this.
  4. ChrisHunter

ChrisHunter Loaded Pockets

My shield is stock but I did make a mag pouch. Had some ballistic nylon that's coated on the back with vinyl laying around.
    [​IMG]
    Carries in my back left pocket with a bandana, keeps everything where it needs to be.
    [​IMG]

c99camper, Fisticuffs and Lou_G like this.
  5. BubbaFett
    • In Omnia Paratus

BubbaFett Loaded Pockets

Nice job! I like that a lot!

Buckeye Jake likes this.
  6. Fisticuffs

Very nice!

7. WruceBillis

WruceBillis Loaded Pockets

You guys are very happy with your shields I imagine but would you recommend it over other pistols in its class? Trying to decide between it and a Whalter PPS.

8. ChrisHunter

I would ask yourself if a thumb safety is a good or a bad thing for you. I like that the safety doesn't lock the slide into battery when it's engaged (like the LC9, 1911, and a few other guns) so you can load or make the gun safe/unload without having to worry as much about an ND because the trigger is dead. If you need to load and unload often.

Some say the run their shield off 'safe' and the only problem I see with that is if the gun inadvertently ends up on 'safe' you might not clue in on the problem until it's too late.

I'm sure the PPS is a nice piece of kit for a little more $$.

BubbaFett likes this.
  9. Eklipsis

Eklipsis Loaded Pockets

10. Chicago-Spike

Chicago-Spike Loaded Pockets

Those were my top 2 guns, the Shield and the PPS. What it came down to was the mag release. All my other semi-autos have the normal thumb button release. Seems to me that in a heated situation I would fall back on looking for that thumb release. Especially if I carried a different gun from time to time. So, I chose the Shield. But now Walther has a brand new gun the CCP and it has the traditional release and I may be looking to buy this when it comes out

11. Fisticuffs

I went back and fourth between the two. I liked the way both felt, and had read some good stuff on both, but wasnt a big fan of the mag release on the PPS. Ended up going with the shielf and happy with my descision.

12. EricP

EricP Loaded Pockets

As noted above, I'd choose between the Walther and the Shield based on the location of the mag release and which better matches your larger pistol(s). The PPS has a couple of other quirks; the interchangeable back straps and the magazines. If the back strap is knocked loose it will prevent the gun from firing. The magazine base pad keys into the back strap to aid in securing it. This gives the magazine a weird shape for carrying a spare, as well as, a sharp protrusion to pinch your hand while reloading.

13. ChrisHunter

I have made a few versions of this mag pouch and I want to order some laminated X-Pac fabric which is similar to sailcloth ($20/yd!) to make some that are minimal but still hearty because I don't think I can go back to carrying with any other pocket method. I have just been using up some spare fabric until I have some money to burn on this project.
    [​IMG]
    Today's attempt. Lower cut, smaller opening and doubled up on the nylon to make it stiffer. Tougher to make but it does feel better.