1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Rush 24 vs 72

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Washco, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Washco

Washco Loaded Pockets

Need some input. I'm going on a 3 day trip to Tulsa and want a good carry on bag. Is the 24 big enough or do I need the roomier 72? Also, is the 72 small enough to be carry on? What do you guys think?

2. solocanoe

solocanoe Empty Pockets

you need to tell us what you are planning on carrying. and do you have both already?
    You can compress both bags a TON...and the 72 will fit in the little box at the ticket counter so you can check it out...but it DOES have to be compressed "some".

if you don't own both...my vote would be the 24:

1. you'll get way more use out of it - I EDC mine cinched down with added on straps (there is pics on here)

2. you will not believe how much more you can get in a RUSH bag than any other bag you have ever tried. I'm serious. Unless you have loaded one with your stuff...you just can't imagine how it's possible to get what you can in these bags. I'm not slamming any other maker - there are some great ones...but the RUSH series is just way ahead in internal organization which gives you much more capacity. you get to ditch a lot of the organizers as they are built into the bags...and that makes the volume go down.

I also bought the 72 to replace my large ALICE for my BOB....I think that much of a series of bags to spend the money on a bag I hope I'll never have to use...but I love my 24 that much. I've humped the 72 around enough to know I love it....or I would have sent it back to ebags for a refund.

hope some of all this helps ya.

3. Viper715

Viper715 Loaded Pockets

I fit everything I need for work and then some in my Rush 12 so the 24 should hold most of what you want. I aggree with the above post completley. My 72 held so much stuf you just wouldn't believe. I could LIVE out of my 72 for a week and I'm talking about all of my food and water for a week plus clothes rain jacket tent sleeping bag and on and on. But you can also cinch the 72 down as well. I really don't think you could go wrong with either bag.

4. ethernectar

ethernectar Empty Pockets

24 for sure.

I've traveled for 4-5 days with my 24 and I'm a big (3X) guy. Of course, it wasn't a black-tie affair, lol...

Plus, the 24 is easy to carry on, and even stuffed it fits into the overhead well. Can't say the same for a stuffed 72, not even sure they'd let you carry it on.

5. Force Attuned

Force Attuned Loaded Pockets

24 is a great pack.

As stated earlier, you won't believe the amount of gear you can store until you see one up close.

Well worth the $$$

6. dlcrouch

dlcrouch Loaded Pockets

I recently did a 4 day road trip living out of my Rush 24. Well mostly, I didn't have run for my running shoes. If you need a little more room, you can always hang some more molle stuff on it.

7. Washco

Washco Loaded Pockets

Got the 24!! Thanks for all the input, its working perfect!

8. NaOH

NaOH Loaded Pockets

Get the 24. I started with the 72 but it was just too big. I use my 24 all the time and the 72 sits in the closet.

Oops, I should read all the way to the bottom before posting.....

9. Timbokhan

Timbokhan Loaded Pockets

Dude, you will like the 24 you bought. I own one, and I still think I might have found the bag of my dreams with it. I have travelled with it, used it as a range bag full of ammo, and an EDC bag, and have yet to be disappointed with it's performance or options. I like it so much, I am seriously debating buying another one as a dedicated vehicle bag.

10. ObiHann

ObiHann Loaded Pockets

24 is my EDC bag, I can carry everything I need and lots of room. I think anyone that can travel for more than a day or two with it is a much better packer than me, because it is nothing more than a EDC bag haha. Great bag though!

11. Timbokhan

Timbokhan Loaded Pockets

Ha! You know, a lot of it really is the time you take packing and organizing it. I went to New York in June and carried enough in the bag for three days of complete changeouts, plus my actual shoes (as opposed to my flippy-flops), plus my ipod and bathroom bag and camera and junk. Not much EDC stuff in there, but I took the time and packed it right and it all fit just fine. I tightrolled everything, arranged it carefully, and repacked it the same way on the way home. On the other hand, last weekend I went to the lake with my buddies and just sort of threw my junk in there and could barely get it closed. We are talking about a pair of jeans, three t-shirts and two swimsuits plus my bathroom bag!

Regardless of whether or not it is the 24 or a suitcase or sea bag or whatever else, f you are really going to travel to some destination where you are taking a lot of clothes I say unto you Vacuum Sealer! I picked that tip up reading some old Bill Heavey story in Field and Stream, and by god, it really works well. It seriously reduces bulk, is easy to pack and unpack, you don't have to worry about the elements (thinking of hunting trip or something), and it makes keeping organized a whole lot easier. Not something I do for a normal vacation or business trip, but if I am going to be gone for a couple of weeks or am going on a fishing/hunting trip, it is worth the time and effort to do.

12. pmike

pmike Empty Pockets

get the 24 ,3 days trip its enough but its how you arrange your stuffs though.