1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Rush 12 vs. Rush 24.

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Monocrom, Jul 7, 2013.

?

Which Rush would you get?

Poll closed Jul 7, 2014.
  1. Rush 12

53.2%
  2. Rush 24

46.8%
  1. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

Sounds like a perfect plan. I personally love the organization of the 24 more than the 12. The 12 (for me) is great for when I need to travel light and in that role it does stellar job. But the 24 is a kitchen sink kind of bag. It does a good job at everything I throw at it so far. Let us know what you decide and post some pics! LOL

2. jv6509

jv6509 Loaded Pockets

between the two I would side with the R24. In my opinion it's always better to have a bit of extra room. I personally owned a r12 and always wished it had a bit more room.

3. Lee Bradbury

Lee Bradbury Loaded Pockets

I picked a few brains here when I joined and finally plumbed for the Rush 12 and I am more than happy with it.

The size, for me, is just right for daily use around town for a couple of hours or a whole day out.
    Obviously I can expand the carrying capabilities by adding a pouch or two, which I will do soon; if I decide at a later date to add a Rush 24 then I will but right here, right now the R12 has everything I want in a bag with room to spare.

Stewsquared and Heavyduti like this.
  4. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

I'm glad you're happy with the 12, same with mine, but trust me, it doesn't end there. You will still find a reason to get hold of the 24 and later on perhaps the AHP!

steeps and Lee Bradbury like this.
  5. Lee Bradbury

Lee Bradbury Loaded Pockets

The only thing stopping me is finance. When I'm back in a job I'll be going bag crazy!!

6. Modchop
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Modchop Loaded Pockets

Tell me about it! :frantic:

7. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Hey guys! Thanks for all the help and replies. In the end, I decided I'd rather have a very non-descript bag for daily use. But would love a Rush 24 as a BOB bag.

Thanks again for all the responses.

tmedina likes this.
  8. Ace Summers

Ace Summers Loaded Pockets

I ended up buying the Rush 12^^

The 24 was too bulky for me and I could fit all my stuff that I took along for testing into the 12 with still some room to spare. Also the 24 has more pockets, but they seemed to small for me to give an added value, especially those at the side and on the front upper side. The only thing that was definitely better with the 24 was that the meshed pockets inside had 2 zippers but that's not the key reason to buy a bag in my opinion. I still need to figure out what I want to carry and where and wether I really need some of the stuff I was planing to carry around. Pictures will follow when ready^^

Lee Bradbury and FL Woods Bum like this.
  9. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

That's why I have both! I am sure you will enjoy it and thanks for letting us know what you got! So many people ask and we never see what they got. ;)

10. MedusaOblongata

MedusaOblongata Loaded Pockets

I've been trying since I got it 3.5 years ago, and I still can't figure out why those pockets have 2 zippers each. Do you know what they're for?

11. Ace Summers

Ace Summers Loaded Pockets

In the end everyone has to figure it out for themself which one they need but i hope it helps someone out there.

The idea is that if you open your bag and the front is hanging down that you can open them from "below". Nice to have but not really essential.

MedusaOblongata likes this.
  12. fsdigital12

fsdigital12 Loaded Pockets

I'm looking into trading my 24 for a 12...dont' get me wrong the 24 is awesome, but just too big for me.......

Heavyduti likes this.
  13. Quantum

Quantum Loaded Pockets

I'm looking into getting either the 12 or the 24 as an EDC/School bag, I don't really have acess to a bag irl so i can't really go test it out...
    I would need room for at least a 15" laptop a few books some pens,pencils and a maxpedition fatty. Any advice would be very appreciated! :)

14. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

First, let me say that I own both bags. The Rush 24 is likely going to be the answer if you choose between these two bags. The Rush 12 is a nice bag, but if you look at the pics I posted in the thread below you will see that with a 15.6" laptop in the main compartment there probably isn't enough room for 3-4 books if they are school books.

http://www.edcforums.com/threads/lets-see-those-loadouts.119712/#post-1890316

On the other hand, if you look at the pics I posted in the thread below you will see the size differences between the Rush 12 and the Rush 24. The Rush 24 is large enough to handle everything you mentioned above and still have room for a few extra items.

http://www.edcforums.com/threads/using-your-edc-bag-as-a-day-pack.119445/#post-1882284

I saw that you have another question going about this same topic in it's own thread, I am sure people will have other options for you to consider as well. With that said, you would not be disappointed with the Rush 24. Good luck!

Quantum likes this.
  15. Quantum

Quantum Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the links! And the advice! :D

Heavyduti and FL Woods Bum like this.
  16. TARFU
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

FWIW, I agree with FL Woods Bum. Between those two packs, go with the 24.

Heavyduti, FL Woods Bum and Quantum like this.
  17. SiLk304

SiLk304 Empty Pockets

Hello Everyone, this is my first post here. I was unable to start my own thread so this seemed like one of the better places to post this. If it is not then I apologize. But to anyones knowledge has 5.11 officially released a 'double-tap' color variant of the Rush 12? I didn't think they did, but I found it for sale on knifecenter.com? Was basically wondering if its a knock-off or something before I piss off the wife by ordering it. Haha.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

I know that color isn't listed on their site for the Rush 12 and I don't remember seeing it in any pics of their shot show booth (or articles on it), so I am wondering if it's a Gen 1 pack. They were still great packs, so no reason not to buy it if it's an older version pack and you like the color. With that said, check out the "grabagun" website, they sell it quite a bit cheaper than knifecenter, and have flat rate shipping.

19. SiLk304

SiLk304 Empty Pockets

Alright thanks a lot. I'll check there. I appreciate the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. crankyfart

crankyfart Loaded Pockets

i had the chance to try both the Rush12 and the Rush24 which was intended to be my edc/school bag for university.

IMHO, the Rush12 is too small if you have to bring your laptop (mine's a 13" MacBook Pro) and some books.

The Rush24 allows me to bring my laptop and a few of my books (usually 2 thick law textbooks) to school with still some ample space after putting in my 1L water-bottle, hoodie, laptop charger, a 2-3" folder (where I keep my notes) and a lunch box.

On the other hand the Rush12, would not allow me to do so. Remember, we cannot "squeeze" textbooks or laptops like clothes so the Rush24 would represent a better bag for a university student school bag.

p.s/ my bag is pretty heavy with al these stuffs but the structure and design of the bag somehow made it feel good without any backaches or problems carrying it for a whole day in school.

EXCALIBUR and Quantum like this.