1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Rush 12 & a gun

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by neutrontech, Jun 3, 2014.

1. neutrontech
    • In Omnia Paratus

neutrontech Loaded Pockets

I did some reading and haven't found a satisfactory option yet. Both my Maxped jumbo clone and my Maxped Sitka had great options fit concealed carry with the velcro pocket. The Rush 12 is really lacking in this area. I'm not trying to quick draw my gun from the bag so I don't need to be able to access it while wearing the bag, but how are you guys carrying your pistols in these? Right now I'm just putting my holster in the front compartment. This works well enough I guess, but I'd like a better option.

If I'm carrying then it's on my person. However there are times I wish to take my gun with me, but not carry. Like at work. I like to take it with me, but keep it in my work van.

I'm not really sure what I'm looking for. Maybe a pouch to attach to the side of the bag, or a way to better secure it inside the bag.

Anyways, looking to see how you guys carry firearms in your Rush 12s.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

2. CSM-101
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

CSM-101 EDC Junkie!!!!!

I've thought about putting one in the water bladder pocket, you would have to make some type of holster for it... I was looking at making something
    to attach to the plastic panel, but you would have to cut/poke holes in the fabric to use that.

3. steel_6

steel_6 Loaded Pockets

I haven't gone crazy into this, but like was said above, I've sometimes thought that I could somehow fabricate a piece/connector or maybe use a carabiner to attach a holster to the fabric/velcro hook at the top of the bladder pocket.

4. GatorMedic

GatorMedic Loaded Pockets

I keep mine in the bladder compartment in a Crossbreed Supertuck holster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Barchack

Barchack Loaded Pockets

IF its a Glock, Raven Vanguard II is a great option. Minimalist holster that works on a belt, or with a tether inside a bag. IF you're going to have a gun off-body, Vanguard is one of the best options, with the tether tied off in the bag.

6. MedusaOblongata

MedusaOblongata Loaded Pockets

5.11 makes a Covrt Pistol Pouch that will attach to your Rush 12. Read the reviews on 5.11's site, though, to make sure it will fit your gun, as some say it's too small for some pistols.

7. jbj

jbj Loaded Pockets

OEM Holsters make a Vanguard-like trigger cover for guns w lights as well ($20ish shipped). I drop mine in an iPad mini neoprene sleeve with the guard on. That way it's at the top of my bag and not commingled with all my other junk

Sent from 80ms in the future
    Much peace
    Jimmy

8. neutrontech
    • In Omnia Paratus

My gun is pretty small so I'll look into that. Thanks.

I never really thought about the water bladder pocket. I haven't got anything in it either. Maybe I could get someone to sew a loop field in there. Then I could just get one of those maxped universal holsters.

9. Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit EDC Junkie!!!

I've got an old Uncle Mikes nylon pancake holster that I use. The nylon velcro strap fits the belt loop nicely and it hangs the whole rig at the perfect angle inside the bladder pocket. I rarely use it, but if I need to, it works to carry my Glock 27 securely.

10. Maml

Maml Loaded Pockets

I'm having similar issue with my MOAB10... I opened a thread in the handgun forum. Will try an idea I have this weekend and see if it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. neutrontech
    • In Omnia Paratus

Let us know

12. Maml

Maml Loaded Pockets

Will do.

I've got a maxped-type universal holsters (it's actually a Condor model, that I pillaged from one of their other bags I have)...if you can get the firearm out, chances are you won't get it back in easily, let alone one handed.

Standby.

13. Dubya

Dubya Loaded Pockets

The MOAB 10 has a concealed pocket for a pistol.

14. automaticjack

automaticjack Loaded Pockets

As does the MOAB 6, so all you gotta do is clip a 10 or a 6 on the back of your 12! Simples! ;)

15. Maml

Maml Loaded Pockets