1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Rugged nylon wallet with coin compartment.

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by Metalsofwar, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Metalsofwar

Metalsofwar Empty Pockets

Hi all,

My wallet is kicking it's last so it is time to buy a new one. This time I'm looking for something more durable, yet a not super bulky wallet. I was hoping to get a Maxpedition, but they have no coin compartment. The Spartan should be fine otherwise. I found 1 possible candidate
    HTML:
    http://www.redoxx.com/Are-Soft-Bags-ideal-as-off-road-4-wheeling-luggage/Rigger-Wallet/91025-Rigger%20Wallet%20PR19/10152/Product

Please suggest me some more and please keep in mind that it has to have a coin compartment. I have 6-7 cards, money, in my wallet at the moment, but it would be great to store some stuff like a small knife or light etc. too.

Thank you for your help.

M.

2. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

My husband's wallet has a coin compartment. It's a hearty leather though, and he has still worn it out in 5 years. I'm trying to find the same thing to replace it with. I use the Spartan now, so if they made one with a coin slot, that would be great since we use coins here.

3. P35

P35 Loaded Pockets

4. cacibi

cacibi Empty Pockets

5. bltkmt

bltkmt Loaded Pockets

He is not pleasant to work with, but Bill's Urban Wallet would be a good candidate.

6. Metalsofwar

I like the idea of Bill's Urban Wallet, but it is a bit too simple for me. I carry quite some notes with me, also I take most of the receipts I get after shopping. I don't really carry my wallet my rear pocket, since it is usually too bulky. I would like to have pockets for organizing cards and notes. I like the Spec Ops the wallet JR but the retention system is a bit strange for me (I like good quality Velcro).

7. t0mcat

t0mcat Loaded Pockets

8. P35

P35 Loaded Pockets

trust me, the SpecOps wallet won't open unless you open it, the "shark-bite" closure system is very secure

9. mash4077

mash4077 Loaded Pockets

10. Metalsofwar

Ok,

I got sold on this, will buy a The wallet jr.

Where to buy it from as I live in Ireland?

Thx.

11. NonSenCe

NonSenCe Loaded Pockets

im looking at the wallet jr aswell.. but thru ebay it seems all sellers that do sell overseas (to europe) ask for ridiculous shipping charges (30dollars!). so i am also interested to see if there is an seller that sells and ships them for reasonable price. :)

12. BravoOscarFoxtrotHotel

BravoOscarFoxtrotHotel Loaded Pockets

Yep, I've noticed that, too. Don't really understand why they do that. I've even seen shipping rates as high as $58 - even for a $10 item. :brickwall:

If you buy directly from specopsbrand the postage seems more reasonable. They would charge $ 9.90 (when shipping to Germany, that is).
    I would give that a try; you can calculate the shipping rate on their website before confirming an order.

13. NonSenCe

NonSenCe Loaded Pockets

hmm .. actually, 10 dollars is pretty ok price. (only few dollars over what i predict actual cost would be trhu usps.) will have a look at their site. thanks.

Editti: because of BOFHs suggestion, thank you btw. I Went to specops own site. and found out that they offer good deal for s/h. (just under 7 dollars) so.. i had to buy it. :) -luckily i did do some youtube review search b4 decision.. or i would of accidentally ordered the even smaller "Mini" model without realising it doesnt have the coin pocket etc features the bigger models have. so.. the "J.R." is ordered.. and hopefully will arrive soon.. ok, it will take couple weeks :) end of edit.

the pricing is sometimes ridiculous even the item is tiny and light. they insist sending it in certain size of package (even if it fits an normal envelope) and they insist sending it express or fedex etc insured shipping.. even if i ask for them to just to send it via normal us mail envelope. telling them that the item is too cheap to make a fuss about even when lost in mail.. IF its sent thru cheaper shipping cost options. but they decline. so i take my business elsewhere. even if they would have a decent deal on other items and the s/h prices are in line with the size/value of the item compared to other sellers. i pass. there are others that are/were more flexible with their policies. they get my business.

as funny note.. amazon com has atleast one seller that ships to europe.. asking 28dollars for s/h.. that price is not the reason why its funny, it is that they have listed the weight of the wallet 2.2lbs. ZeeSuz.. i thought this was a SMALL wallet! 2.2 pounds of weight single wallet j.r. -incredible! i think i need to look for other wallets now then.. not going to lug around with a wallet that weighs a kilogram, empty! hahahh.

14. Jack_Wood

Jack_Wood Loaded Pockets

I know you've already ordered, but I just wanted to add that I bought a full sized THE wallet, and am quite satisfied. I've always carried my wallet in my front pocket, because I hate the feeling of something under my sit-bones. So I figured I could try out some extra bulk.
    But this wallet, because its width spreads out the contents, is actually very comfortably thin. The largeness does make it noticeable in my front pocket. But I've even considered putting it in my rear pocket, because of the low bulk factor.

15. wonderingson

wonderingson Empty Pockets

bills urban wallet is the best wallet Ive ever owned. I live in spain and I have lots of coin to tote around. I hate dealing with all this change but Bills wallet makes it less annoying