1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Rothco Bag Strap Problem

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Yek4, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Yek4

Yek4 Loaded Pockets

Hey everyone, I've got a Rothco Messenger and I like it a lot. For the price it is an great bag that I keep my school/teaching stuff in.

[​IMG]

However, I've encountered a bit of a problem with the strap. It should normally look like this:

[​IMG]

Yet normally with regular wear and use, the strap turns and is no longer flush with the metal and looks like this:

[​IMG]

How do you think I can fix this, I can't sew it because then I couldn't change the length. I've considered getting a big safety pin to put in the web strap but I don't know if that would work either. What do you guys think? Thanks

2. solocanoe

solocanoe Empty Pockets

the pin may work - that's not a bad idea. I have a couple of these type bags - loaded with different sets of client materials - they all do what you have shown, but it hasn't bothered me as they seem to be holding up ok.

My "oldest" of these bags is probably 4 years old, and is doing fine, even with the twists you've shown...but I know its a pain that your stuff doesn't work the way you think it should though. :luck: on your solution!

3. coturnix

coturnix Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Make a stitch here. It makes it a bit stiffer and you still can chance the length. It may not fix the whole problem, but it´s better for sure.