1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale in CA

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by chico13, Oct 14, 2009.

1. chico13

chico13 Loaded Pockets

2. ryball

ryball Empty Pockets

3. gadgetgeek

gadgetgeek Empty Pockets

That roster is a joke! How come a certain handgun is on the list but the exactly same model in another color (tan, od green...) is not? That state is messed up!

4. Lugsalot

Lugsalot EDC Junkie!!!!!

Because there's no depths to which the California State government won't stoop to make a buck.

It's the same for handguns of IDENTICAL designs with variances in barrel-length; the Golden State charges money to test weapons for "safety" reasons, so it behooves them to milk the manufacturers for all they can get. Apparently, a difference in color or barrel-length is enough somehow affect the outcome of a safety test. Couldn't have anything to do with California being run by a bunch of ignorant, greedy hypocrites, could it? Nah.

5. chico13

chico13 Loaded Pockets

lol i like you guys even thow i live in CA i do agree with you guys the way i see it if Ca gun Laws if thay more similar to like Texas there would be a lot less bank robberies for ex. the hollywood bank robbery i just don't see that happening in TX unless the robbers wan to die be fore the cops get there

6. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Don't forget. This is the State that had some people thinking about outlawing water.

7. Golden

Golden Loaded Pockets

I sympathize with you guys from CA, Living in NYC its virtually impossible to get a carry permit as a private citizen unless your a politician or a celebrity :(

Not being able to buy a USP Tactical would make me rage harder than the fist of a thousand gods.

8. shrap

shrap Loaded Pockets

The weird whitelist and the long list of wacky requirements is why there was a huge celebration when the new Ruger SR9 was approved for CA. People said it couldn't be done since there were so many crazy things that had to be on the gun (LCI visibility, mag disconnect, etc.) to be CA-legal.

Instead of a ban we're going to lose our rights through a million little requirements when added up makes it prohibitively expensive to make a gun acceptable for sale.

9. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

chaosmagnet Loaded Pockets

This is the single-most important reason that I won't live in California.

10. Hoverman

Hoverman Loaded Pockets

+100,000,000,000.