1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Rofis R1 and R2 angle head lights

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by earthman, Nov 17, 2018.

1. earthman

earthman EDC Junkie!!!

Anyone been carrying/using either of these for a while? Found any negatives??

I'm thinking that one would be a pretty much perfect light, what with the magnet, swivel head etc,....I'd want a belt pouch for it, trying to work out which cell version to get, I'm thinking the R2 because if that 3.7 cell goes dead whilst I'm out, an AA will do. But the CR123 version is shorter, more likely to stay stuck to a magnetic surface etc??

2. earthman

earthman EDC Junkie!!!

I got the R2 in the end, magnet sure is strong enough, will hold the light in any position.
    It's early days but I'm very impressed with this light, it fits in an old Fenix pouch of mine, it's now my new EDC.

3. jtice

jtice Loaded Pockets

First I have heard of these lights, very interesting, love the idea of the angled head.
    I typically like 18650 lights, but the R3 is a good bit longer than my Zebralight due to the angled head.
    The R2 doesnt look too bad of a size though.

4. earthman

earthman EDC Junkie!!!

I may end up with all 3 of them in time. Lol

The angled head and magnetic tail is ideal for any road side repairs I'm thinking, attaching this torch to the underside of a car bonnet (hood) for example means that you can then twist the head to point the beam at the part of the engine you need to inspect.

5. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

@earthman: ^^ which is why I so strongly advocate having a headlamp in the car... when worn, beam will naturally be where you need it! :)

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

6. earthman

earthman EDC Junkie!!!

Yes I do, have done for years now, I bought the R2 for 24/7 belt carry, having all that beam angle capability could also come in handy when I'm away from my car.