1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Robert Rodriguez Movie "Machete"

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by yam350, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Hey, does she have a sister? :)

Yup, Hollywood has gotten so bad at churning out one remake after another, not putting in any effort into making something remotely new and creative, that a film like "Machete" is such a breath of fresh air that it'll do well at the box office. When this ridiculously lazy era of Hollywood is finally over, films like "Machete" will have a cult following for (if nothing else) actually being original.

You know it's bad when a Producer realizes that Hollywood has made so many crappy remakes, that a fake trailer for a non-existent film would actually be a great project for a real movie. And he was right! Cause it's hella popular! That's how greedy & lazy Hollywood has gotten.

2. Dafabricata

Dafabricata Loaded Pockets

Went and saw it sunday night with my bro and his GF.
    I enjoyed it A LOT!;D:dance::agree:
    Kept my attention and there were so many big name actors in it! Not that it means much but it was suprising!
    As Monocrom said, Lindsay seemed to "play herself" and were my exact words to my bro and his GF when I saw her character! LOL!:laugh:
    Hopefully the other 2 Machete movies will actually be made!
    I rarely...VERY rarely go to the theater when a movie is released, as I'd rather wait to buy it on Blue-ray or DVD and enjoy it on my home theater system instead.
    But I just couldn't wait for this one!!
    I was kinda suprised that there were so few people in the theater...we got there right before the movie started and were the 1st ones in, followed by only about 10-15 more.
    It was pretty violent, which doesn't bother me in the least and the scenes with "the ladies" in them were...well...ummmm....memorable!! Hahaha!

Great movie IMO, and I WILL be buying it on blue-ray when it's released.

3. 556DD

556DD Loaded Pockets

Ugh :censored: homework and work! I wanna go see it!

4. ?uesto

?uesto Loaded Pockets

Saw this the other night. Great movie. Great cast. Jessica Alba, (who has a shower scene), Michelle Rodriguez, Robert DeNiro, Don Johnson, and of course, Danny Trejo, along with the various other familiar faces. Very entertaining though. Far beyond summer blockbuster, but not quite on Inception's level of depth. I reccommend this to anyone over the age of 17 though. :p