1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

RITR Tough Mechanical Pencil

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by KeyGrip, Feb 6, 2015.

1. KeyGrip

KeyGrip Loaded Pockets

Hey all,

I just found out about this and I'm interested in it for work, does anybody have any experience with it? Thanks!

Edit: Pic stolen from the MSM website and rehosted by me.They can be found under the "field supplies" category.

[​IMG]

Last edited by KeyGrip, Feb 14, 2015
  2. nick nitro

nick nitro Loaded Pockets

I ordered two, a jumbo and a regular from the folks that make them for RITR. Great mechanical. Very similar to the old school scripto USGI pencil. I found them through another forum member who responded to an earlier thread on the same subject.

3. KeyGrip

KeyGrip Loaded Pockets

Thanks! Do they seem to live up to the "tough" name? I am going to use them at work (stage electrician) and I tend to go through mechanical pencils pretty quickly.

4. nick nitro

nick nitro Loaded Pockets

They are as good as any out there, in my opinion. I like them, but I tend to prefer the click action of the pentels a little more. These twist at the grip point.

deltaunit likes this.
  5. thatotherguy

thatotherguy EDC Junkie!!!!!

I have experience with Autopoint's self branded version (same company makes them) and it's pretty nice. It's simple and durable, though the section is kinda slick. I like it quite a bit.

6. OilfieldCowboy

OilfieldCowboy Loaded Pockets

I have a couple Autopoint's that were used by my wife's grandfather when he was a field geologist for Marathon Oil post WWII. No way to gauge the vintage on them accurately, I would wager a bet that they are from the 50's. They are fantastic pencils and I still use them periodically to this day.

No idea on how the modern rendition of them hold up.

7. cowsmilk

cowsmilk EDC Junkie!!!!!

I've got a couple of Autopoints that are at least 25 years old and still work great.

8. KeyGrip

KeyGrip Loaded Pockets

Hey thanks for the responses everyone. I'm probably going to pick up a couple of them for work now. I'll be using them on job sites where other mechanical pencils tend to break pretty quickly and regular pencils just snap in my pockets. Hopefully these'll hold up a little longer.