1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Rigid Molle Insert Panels

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by tbzbbt, Feb 14, 2019.

1. tbzbbt

tbzbbt Loaded Pockets

I'm looking to organsie the interior of my 5.11 RUSH 12 and a rigid molle panel seems to be a good idea to give the bag stiffness and fix its weight distribution. "Greyman Tactical" makes RIP panels but they are expensive once shipped to Australia - exceeding the cost of the bag itself ! I was surprised that there seems to be few alternative offerings of such panels. Any ideas?

tbzbbt

That Movie Guy likes this.
  2. ccwaters

ccwaters Loaded Pockets

buy a correctly sized sheet of HDPE, Kydex, or another plastic, use a saw, soldering iron or maybe a heated putty knife to cut out the holes for the molle panel, it is what I plan to do for a couple of my bags.

3. Jay-uk

Jay-uk Loaded Pockets

Condor , 5.11 both do fabric style inserts

4. ferris209

ferris209 Loaded Pockets

You could call Greyman Tactical direct and see if they have any dealers or buyers in your country who would have some on hand or could throw yours in for cheaper shipping, they’re a small shop and the owner will communicate and help you as best he can. Just a thought.

Jay-uk likes this.
  5. Rdog

Rdog Loaded Pockets

I have mounted a few molle pouches to the inside of my trucks rear drivers side door using plastic lattice fence. The Lattice is not sized just like molle/pals, more like 2" x 2" but works good enough. I planned on also trying it in a pack but that project got put on hold.

link to a pic I have posted elsewhere...https://www.clubfrontier.org/threads/what-have-you-done-for-your-frontier-today-lately.25035/page-1803#post-3717299

Thin plywood can also be used, I did make a panel for a pack that way, and only cut attachment holes where I wanted them as its a lot of work. Again, I didn't cut everything out exactly how molle/pals would be, but enough to mount the pouches (used drill and files to make slots)

karlito likes this.
  6. dorebow

dorebow Loaded Pockets

Drilled clipboard, 1/8" shockcord, 1/4" grommets, cordlocks.
    Will hold large and small items.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Loadout

Loadout Loaded Pockets

Excellent ideas. Please keep them coming. I also want such a solution, the the real deal just sounds expensive.

8. bnate

bnate Loaded Pockets

This...buy a plastic sheet aprox 1/8" thickness. Adhesive a velcro loop side to said plastic sheet. Then you can change up very easy.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZRNJ5cqWdQ60-ghV17j3OXIrpnVJCfQT/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1P3NAwEzWEGDjfPw--UwTYKJOcDkX8n8r/view?usp=sharing

#9 bnate, Aug 5, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    karlito and ccwaters like this.
  9. Wesmanthetiger

Wesmanthetiger Loaded Pockets

I bought a 5.11 COVRT molle insert which is around $20, then placed a 1/8 thick piece of HDPE inside the thing to make it rigid. A little over half the price of the ready made rigid panels. Works great!

tbzbbt likes this.