1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Rhino Hide experience (TAD Gear)

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by keymaster, Sep 21, 2010.

1. keymaster

keymaster Loaded Pockets

Has anybody had extended experience with the Rhino Hide material Triple Aught uses in some of their jackets? I realize it is light weight and makes some noise. However I am curious about the actual durability of the fabric and any possible color fading over time. Any input would be appreciated.

2. illusion

illusion Loaded Pockets

I have a stealth with Rhino and it holds up good.. Must be a couple of years old now and I still think it looks like when I got it.. (but thats different from user to user I guess)...As you say its a little noisy, but a good jacket..

3. Cryptic

Cryptic Loaded Pockets

Fabulous material; much better than their Sharkskin. It's just as noisy as most hardshells. Retains heat pretty well; for me the Explorer jacket could be worn in 40-65 degree weather alone.

4. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

Had an Explorer in Rhino. Good bush jacket. Doesn't snag. Very durable and although not waterproof, did keep me dry through a few Seattle squalls. Only reason I got rid of it was I should have gotten a hoodie. Are they doing Rhino again?

5. keymaster

keymaster Loaded Pockets

Thanks guys. I'm very glad to hear the material holds up. The current (2010) Explorer jacket is made of Rhino. Just wanted to hear about the quality before I picked one up. Thanks again. I really appreciate it.

6. Black09JK

Black09JK Empty Pockets

I've got the Explorer Hoodie. Had it 2 yrs I think. No signs of wear yet. It's been on numerous backpacking trips, range days and almost always gets worn at least a couple hours everyday. Good investment in my opinion.