1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Review: Yeti 20oz Rambler tumbler

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by crwoody, Jul 16, 2018.

1. crwoody

crwoody Loaded Pockets

Look, I just turned 18 a week or so ago. I'm not a good writer, I'm not some "EDC Expert." However, despite my relative youth and inexperience as President Reagan once coined it, I feel like when a product changes my life in the way this has, I've gotta tell people about it.

[​IMG]

Upon first glance, the Yeti Rambler seems like just another vacuum tumbler in a sea dominated by names such as Hydro Flask and Kleen Kanteen, The one I have is the 20 oz version, but they can be found in sizes as small as 10 oz and as large as a whole gallon. They feature 18/8 stainless steel, a rugged, clear plastic lid, and... that's about it, really. Of course, that's about the same you get from competitors.

[​IMG]

Price wise, as with all things under the Yeti name, you pay a premium. The 20 oz I have costs $29.99 as of this writing. Even when you look at tumblers from other high-end drinkware manufacturers, it stands in a pretty high price bracket. Even the Hydro Flask is a more economical choice, at $29.95, holding two more ounces than the Yeti. So it's not entirely unique, and it's not cheap either.

So what makes this Yeti so great? What makes it the best tumbler I've ever used? The answer is simple: what it does, it does well.

The Rambler is really best experienced in a physical store instead of on pictures online. It is by far the most rugged, beefiest vacuum cup I've ever held. I've used Stanley, Kleen Kanteen, Hydroflask, and many more different vacuum bottles, and this Yeti is so durable the quality is simply something you have to feel to believe. Mine is in black, and features a nice grippy finish to the walls of the cup. The bottom and the rim show off the glimmering stainless steel. Upon the bottom is written the words, "Designed in Texas, made in China." A bit of a bummer, but let's keep going.

[​IMG]

I really quite like the "MagSlider" lid on my Yeti. Essentially, it's a clear plastic slider lid which is held in place by a strong magnet, hence the name. I actually find the transparency of the lid to be quite useful, whether to see how much drink is left or to check whether "the ice is still there." And check you will, time and time again, because this Yeti really does like to keep it cold. I can't tell you how many times I've finished out the water and left the cup sitting on the table, only to return to see the ice is still there and fill it back up again. Seriously, the ice will last you hours. Even in a hot car. Although I use my Yeti for water, I'd imagine since the science is exactly the same, the Yeti will keep your coffee piping hot too.

[​IMG]

In conclusion, the Yeti isn't the most affordable tumbler you can get. It's not the most portable, or the most trendy, or the best looking. But what the Yeti is is a REALLY good tumbler, and one that I would recommend to anybody - like I am to you right now.

(Below are some pictures of the tumbler. Hopefully they give you a good idea of the quality and size. I in no way, shape, or form have been paid or coerced into doing this review. This tumbler was a gift from a dear friend who is also not affiliated with Yeti in any way. This piece is also an opinion based upon my experience, I am not guaranteeing that your experience will be the same. [But I think it will])

#1 crwoody, Jul 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    variable, garza, MKLight and 3 others like this.
  2. thatotherguy

thatotherguy EDC Junkie!!!!!

Your writing may lack the fluffy bunk a lot of poor reviewers (not a comment on anyone on this site) will put in the monologue, but you can feel the passion in the writing. That makes a heap of difference.

Great review on a good product. Mine has kept many a cup of coffee hot on freezing cold treks to classes.

Keep writing reviews when you're passionate about the product, people will keep reading them- they really are good. You don't need to be an expert to have an opinion. You just need to have an opinion.

MKLight, huntnow and crwoody like this.
  3. crwoody

crwoody Loaded Pockets

Thank you for the kind feedback!! I'm glad you liked it.

thatotherguy likes this.
  4. CV801

CV801 Loaded Pockets

I agree. I love the quality of Yeti products. I have 3 of their soft coolers, 3 side kicks, 1 waterproof sidekick, the Yeti Panga duffle, 64 oz rambler, 26 and 18 oz bottles, 20 and 10 oz tumblers, and 2 10oz wine tumblers. I stand behind all of them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crwoody likes this.
  5. Durandal64

Durandal64 Loaded Pockets

I have one of these but without that trick lid. Thanks for the write up. Ya did good!

crwoody likes this.
  6. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

know doubt that Yeti products rule....

7. Highway9
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Highway9 Loaded Pockets

MrsCarpenter likes this.
  8. Banzboy

Banzboy Loaded Pockets

I bought an Rtic 20 cooler because it was half the price of the Yeti, but :censored: it, the only way you're getting my Yeti Rambler is to pry it from my cold dead fingers!!

9. Crazy Chester

Crazy Chester Loaded Pockets

I have one of these Yeti Ramblers with the magnetic lid. It's a good product, but I WILL NEVER EVER buy another Yeti product. Too many good alternative companies that don't put their (dumbfounded) politics above the customers.

MrsCarpenter and Jay-uk like this.