1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

[review] Vega Holster Travel Cargo Bag

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by sbillard, Apr 19, 2009.

1. sbillard

sbillard Loaded Pockets

Here is my new EDC bag, received 2 days ago :

[​IMG]

(link for full resolution picture)

The maker of the bag is Vega Holster, an italian manufacturer well known for its holsters ant tactical equipment (link to the bag on their catalog). It is 100% Cordura. The construction is extremely robust, very similar to the Maxpedition attaches, with the difference that all pockets except one are zippered instead of velcroad, and that there is an "hidden" pocket to conceal an handgun. The main compartiments are padded to protect devices such as Laptops (note the white eeePC in my pics). The 2 side pockets are ok for radios or torches, but not big enough for nalgenes nor sigg 0.6l bottles and are able to hold also 0,6l Sigg bottles. Not shown here is also provided an inside removable and adjustable panel with pockets and holders to carry spare magazines for example. Contrary to the official picture on the Vega Holster website, the bag is not desert tan, but more coyote tan. It was a good surprise for me as I like this color better. Behind the bag is a big logo in a rubbery matter that help to keep the bag in place. The bottom is covered with a black rubber matter too, to protect from humidity and help the bag not to slip.

It is the price of the bag (99 euros, Maxpeditions attaches are more around 130 euros here in France) and the zips on pockets that led me to buy it (and seriousness of maker). Another important feature for me was that it is able to handle A4 document (dimensions are 37cm*27cm*11cm). At first I was disapointed with zippers of face pockets (not the main ones), as they didn't slip easily at angles, because of the amount of fabric that protect them (I don't know the correct english name of that, I mean the part of fabric to cover zips to protect them and avoid rain to enter). I thought about returning the bag back. But after some uses, it seems that the fabric softened and it is more easy now (does that happen often with tactical nylon gear ?).

Now I just have to look after velcro patches to add on the bottom pocket ;)

2. sbillard

sbillard Loaded Pockets

3. panzer

panzer Loaded Pockets

really nice bag. Can they be had here in the USA? What is the cost?

4. sbillard

sbillard Loaded Pockets

5. nbmaine2007

nbmaine2007 Loaded Pockets

Very nice bag. Similar to the Maxpedition Operator, although I like the front pouch set-up on yours MUCH better than on my Operator. The vertical pouch on the left appears the same, and the bottom one on the right is (although the zipper closure on yours is better than the velcro on the Operator IMHO) and the 2nd big pouch on the top is much better than the two smaller (velcro again) pouches on the Operator.

6. Cosmo7809

Cosmo7809 Loaded Pockets

I have been searching for a bag just like this! Ofcourse its 200 bucks. :thumbsdown:

7. sbillard

sbillard Loaded Pockets

If you are interested in such bags perhaps you can have a look at http://www.usmcpro.com (the website has an english section)

This is where I bought the bag. It is priced at 99 euros, around 129 USD. The company is very serious. They have a shop in Paris and also in Portsmouth (UK). I see no reason why they would not ship to US.

8. nbmaine2007

Check out the Maxpedition Operator. Not that it's cheap, but you can get one for around $100 on ebay or at some retailers.

9. Cosmo7809

Cosmo7809 Loaded Pockets

Is it thin?

10. nbmaine2007

Depends on how much stuff you pack into it. It looks like a twin to this bag, except the front pocket variation. Here is a link to a site with several pics of the Operator. About 2/3 of the way down with a review.

http://www.djmonkeyboy.com/milspecmonkey/maxpedition.html