1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

REVIEW: The Sunwayman V11R>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by Rolex John, Aug 30, 2012.

1. rickinFL

rickinFL Loaded Pockets

To be honest I though something was wrong with the light at fist. Glad someone posted about it and put my mind at ease. Are you going with AW RCR?

2. willydigger

willydigger Loaded Pockets

No. I bought some Trustfires (protected) and a cheap charger TW138. I really hope there is a noticeable difference. The difference between the 270 of the BC10 and the 190 of the V11R was basically none.

3. Aleister

Aleister Loaded Pockets

Oh, you will see the difference ;)

4. willydigger

I did see a difference.

The Streamlight cr123 was at 2.95v.
    The Trustfire came charged at 3.8v.

Big difference in output. I also swapped out the rubber button for the Ti. It's not that bad and looks 100x better. I did take a little sandpaper to the inner "flare" of the button to round it a bit.

5. herosemblem

herosemblem Loaded Pockets

Does anyone know what kind of tool I can use to switch the tailcap button?

6. Southpaw

Southpaw EDC Junkie!!!!!

Just found out about this light and I think it's exactly what I might need. What I love about it most is that you can control how much light you need.

My question is this: does this light have an option for flood mode (basic zoomed out mode) and focused mode?

Also I heard you can use cr123a rechargeables allows this light to get up to 500 lumens on turbo mode. Is this true??

7. herosemblem

herosemblem Loaded Pockets

-The light's output is fully adjustable, from an ultra-low low to a nice, bright high.
    -Yes, the output is much brighter when you use an RCR. I have not had the opportunity to use an RCR though, since I don't own any.

-There is no zoom or flood mode. The light's fixed beam profile has both great flood, and admirable throw, but is oriented more for flood. The only time I found I could use more throw is when I want to search across distant fields at night, but then again, I don't intend to use this tiny pocket light for those purposes anyway.

-When the ring is set to its highest setting, the light comes on instantly. On all other (lower) infinite brightness levels, the light performs a "soft start", meaning the light quickly ramps up to the level you have the ring set to. I did not like this particular feature, so I put mine on eBay after using for literally only five minutes.

-The variable control ring is a nice feature, but I wish it was more prominent. I had some difficulty locating the ring in my initial use of the light.
    Nevertheless, it is a pretty nice light.

8. willydigger

I agree. It is a nice light, but not for me. I have a Jetbeam PC10 inbound. I prefer the simplicity of BC10 and hope the PC10 is similar.

Personally, I hate the adjustable feature. I thought I would like it, but I find myself constantly fiddling with it. The soft start is very annoying. I knew it going in from a youtube review, but wow did it suck once I got it in my hands.

9. FortySix&2

FortySix&2 Banned

10. toemke

toemke Loaded Pockets

I used needlenose pliers to unscrew the button.
    Yup, it's true, some really smart guys over at cpf measured it and found out it's actually about 600 lumens. But don't run it more than 5 minutes at a time since it will overheat.

herosemblem likes this.
  11. Rolex John

Rolex John Banned

12. reppans

reppans Loaded Pockets

Saw you had some problems with your V11R over on CPFMP.... did SWM ever respond? did you get your problem resolved?