1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

REVIEW: The Hinderer Investigator Tactical Pen>>>>>>>>>>>

Discussion in 'Personal Security Devices & Self-Defense' started by Rolex John, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Rolex John

Rolex John Banned

2. edgedweapon88

edgedweapon88 Loaded Pockets

Great review. Thanks so much for the size comparison with the 4sevens pen. That really helps when trying to figure out just how large the pen is. Next paycheck I might have to pick one up! Thanks again.

3. Crushmaster

Crushmaster Loaded Pockets

Nice review. :) Good choice - the stainless steel one is my favorite Investigator style (don't own it yet, sadly; working on it).

The size is the only possible downside...I'm around 6' 4", with reasonably big hands (about 3.7" wide); it might be too small for me.

Thought this part was great, by the way: "The pen is slightly smaller than most standard sized pens – very comfortable to write with, but still useful if you find yourself in a bad situation (and if I’m down to relying on my pen defensively, it’s a very bad day indeed…)."

Thanks for sharing!
    God bless,
    Joel ><>.

Last edited by Crushmaster, Apr 25, 2012
  4. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

The product falls successively within Hinderer's signature style which I aptly describe as modern baroque; replete with exaggerated lines that compile the pinnacle of its appeal to those enamored of the tactical look acquiesced through persistent perusal of web-depicted military imagery.

Aesthetics aside, his works should command a modicum of well-deserved accolade for their unique design; one that appears to be interpretative of his primary occupation as a firefighter and pragmatic nature of the tools of that honorable profession.

5. Rolex John

Rolex John Banned

You're very welcome sir! I look forward to seeing a YT video on the pen from you. :cool:

6. Rolex John

Rolex John Banned

You're welcome Joel - glad you enjoyed the review! I try to throw in a little humor when I can...:D

Crushmaster likes this.
  7. Dr Jekell
    • Administrator
    • The Omnia Paratus

Dr Jekell I had fun once, It was awful.
    Staff Member

And even better is that it is available from the forum store in several colours.

Last edited by Dr Jekell, Apr 27, 2012
  8. mhphoto

mhphoto Loaded Pockets

Great review! I'm definitely looking into acquiring both the copper and brass Investigator pens.

9. Rolex John

Rolex John Banned

You won't be disappointed! :cool:

Crushmaster likes this.