1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Review: Rothco 9148 HW Classic Messenger Bag AKA: Jack Sack

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by mrichelo, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Guarddog
    • In Omnia Paratus

Guarddog EDC Junkie !!!!!

Thanks for sharing!
    I wonder if I order that first bag on the Finaday site and select the "Black" color if I will get the one with the zippers on both the main compartment and the 2 front pockets. The pictures and description are inconclusive.

2. gcstct

gcstct Loaded Pockets

Who knows? Maybe email them first. For what it's worth, if you go to the actual page for that first bag, the third customer review down does mention the zippers.

3. Wstan

Wstan Loaded Pockets

Doesn't the Rapid Dominance R31 have a tiny red tag on the (looking at the picture) right side edge of the flap? If so, and if the retailer is using accurate photos (always a big if) then does http://www.amazon.com/Olive-Drab-Heavyweight-Classic-Messenger/dp/B001KVLK1G/ref=pd_sbs_a_9 look like the bag with the main compartment zipper? I've got the regular open Rothco in olive drab but I'm bad enough at sewing that I've hesitated to try adding a zipper of my own. Really is a great, unobtrusive day bag but I would love a top grab handle and detachable shoulder strap. Two D rings on the back top would also be nice as I could rig clips to hang it off my bike handlebars. I used to have one of the original Israeli paratrooper briefcases (I think it was purchased at Banana Republic in its original incarnation).

4. gcstct

gcstct Loaded Pockets

Yeah, that's the one -- that's the photo from the Rapid Dominance website. On your other comments, I'd say the lack of a grab handle is the these kind of bags' main weakness. You can pick it up by just grabbing a handful of flap, but that works less well the more heavily it's loaded. Should be a reasonably easy mod for someone with decent sewing skills, though.