1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Review of the Pelican PM6 Polymer

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by raider502, Dec 22, 2006.

1. raider502

raider502 Loaded Pockets

This is a review of the Pelican PM6 3320 flashlight.

[​IMG]

First the information from the Pelican website:
    http://www.pelican.com/lights_detail.php?recordID=3320

PM6 3320
    The 3320 is a compact flashlight made of Xenoy polymer that's light weight, corrosion proof, and extremely strong. The body is molded with a no-slip grip pattern and it comes with a sturdy black oxide coated steel clip. The switch is conveniently located in the tail for constant on or momentary action. Our exclusive Xenon lamp, used in many of our flashlights, is super bright and durable. It is powered by 2 CR123 lithium cells (included) that have a long shelf life. The M6 3320 - light in weight, big in performance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I own a Surefire G2 that I bought in 2003 while I was in Iraq from 1 Stop Knife Shop (1SKS) so this is the light I will comparing the Pelican PM6 against. I picked up my first PM6 at a gun show in Fayetteville NC, think I paid $20 for it. I like the fact that it has a push button constant on switch that my G2 lacks. It also has the capability of momentary on by simply applying a light pressure to the switch. I think that this functions fine because if you want to turn the light on you have to really push the switch, if it was a pistol you would say it has a long trigger pull to turn it on constant. The light has a pocket clip which is good for clipping it to a pocket or on some webbing in a bag, etc... The only place to attach a lanyard is to the pocket clip which tapers at the bottom of the clip and could possibly slip off. I have the lanyard attachment for the G2 and that is really good for helping to secure the light. I wish there was a good tie off point for the PM6. The diameter of the body of the light is smaller than the G2 which I think is better. The head of the light is a hexagon which I think will make it difficult to find a lens filter such as the one made for the G2.

The light seems to be a much more focused beam over the G2 which is more diffused. The G2 has 65 lumens without the ultra-high output bulb according to the Surefire website. The PM6 has 74 lumens according the Pelican website. It really lights up a dark hallway or room which the G2 will also do. But the PM6 works really well at putting a focused beam of light on one spot. This is good when outside and scanning the tree line for a lost dog.

Picture comparing the PM6 with some other lights I own
    [​IMG]

I have replaced the G2 with the PM6 in my day bag. The list price for the Pelican on the website is $34.95 but the second PM6 I bought was from Botach Tactical (had good service, different from a lot of other peoples experience) for $19.99. For the price of the light I think it is hands down a better light than the G2.

Opticsplanet.com has the lights for $22.95 and the spare bulbs for $9.95. I need to order some spare bulbs so I might be tempted to order another light.

Hope this helps someone.

2. greenLED

greenLED Empty Pockets

The Peli M6 is a classic. Very few lights come close to having its excellent beam; it's a great light.