1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Review: Mystery Ranch Booty Bag – Dana Gleason’s Hidden Gem?

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by PiterM, May 30, 2014.

1. dwong

dwong Loaded Pockets

Very nice bag and review, always wanted a Skinner, even better w/ the mod.
    Assume you have a custom sheath for the CR?

Cobra 6 Actual likes this.
  2. Barchack

Barchack Loaded Pockets

I love this bag.
    I have been using the Booty Bag as my primary bag for over a month. I have inserts for use as a diaper bag and as my gym/work bag. I was previously using the MR Sweet Pea for this purpose.
    What a comfortable pack. If you look at these pictures and fear that the bag rides too low, as I did, don't worry. The straps are well designed and it's very comfortable even when stuffed to the gills.
    The padded back panel helps the bag keep its shape and also keeps my DSLR and water bottle from poking me in the back.
    I almost always use a sternum strap on my bags. It's just more comfortable and stable for me. Granted this bag isn't hauling a lot of weight, but the straps stay put without a sternum strap.
    If you just need a bag to haul everyday items around, this is it. I also am considering picking up another to keep in the car if I ever find myself needing a bag(to replace a spare drawstring bag or reusable grocery bag).
    If this bag had a simple water bottle pocket on the outside, it would be the ideal bag for me 99% of the time.

3. DannyX

DannyX Loaded Pockets

A very nice bag. I sometimes carry my Ortlieb velocity (basically a welded tarp rolltop daypack), which has only one compartment, with me to work. It works well as long as you don't want to have all your EDC with you neatly organized.
    I usually throw in there: lunchbox, watter bottle and my DIY general purpose pouch. Really interesting is the self closure system, I think I may try to make one of these myself, I don't see why it couldn't be done with more organization and/or outside pockets.

4. nick nitro

nick nitro Loaded Pockets

Isn't it amazing how simple just jumps up in front of you and sez :censored: Sherlock. Mine will be here tomorrow. Basic black.

T.H.Cone and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
  5. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but has anyone attempted to roll this bag up before? I am looking to use one of these or a RollyPoly type bag on my motorcycle for a quick pack when I am out and need one so I need to know how well it rolls up so I can strap it to the handle bars, etc... If someone has one and could post a pic that would be even better!! Thanks guys in advance..

A few shout outs to folks who have this bag "help".. PiterM, nick nitro, Barchack

Cobra 6 Actual and T.H.Cone like this.
  6. Barchack

Barchack Loaded Pockets

You could. The frame sheet is very soft.
    I don't do it because I use the bag so much and I don't want the rolling to "compromise" the frame sheet/padding.
    It's definitely possible, and likely wouldn't damage anything.

Cobra 6 Actual and FL Woods Bum like this.
  7. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

Thank you. I am sorry I have not responded sooner, I never got an alert that you replied.

8. steeps

steeps Loaded Pockets

Does anyone know the dimensions of the Booty bag? Could a 24 pack of Coors Light cans fit inside without opening the box?

9. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I have just gotten a Booty Bag and can sure measure it for you but how about telling me how big the Beer is?

steeps likes this.
  10. steeps

steeps Loaded Pockets

Thank you, I will measure it tomorrow for you.

11. steeps

steeps Loaded Pockets

The box measures 15" x 10" x 5.75"

Thank you

12. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Oddly enough it seems they used the Coors Pack to design the Booty Bag?
    Maybe not that odd!

It looks like a fit to me as the bag also flexes a lot of course but let me add that this advice is worth exactly what you are paying for it too!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. steeps

steeps Loaded Pockets

@EZDog thank you so much for measuring and for the pictures of the measurements!

14. PiterM

PiterM Loaded Pockets

Some colors (incl. black and charcoal) are now in CLOESOUT action at just $30... it's a steal!