1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Review: Maxpedition Wallet Comparison: Spartan vs. CMC

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by schmalhaus, Nov 30, 2011.

1. schmalhaus

schmalhaus Loaded Pockets

[video=youtube;7fV0YrwswGE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fV0YrwswGE[/video]

Stefan

2. ATF

ATF Loaded Pockets

Great vid as always, Stefan.

3. ltbarber

ltbarber Loaded Pockets

Excellent review and video! Please keep them coming! Very informative. My compliments.

4. mash4077

mash4077 Loaded Pockets

Awesome review Stefan. I have never heard of the CMC wallet before, but your review really has me wanting one now.

5. houdini28

houdini28 Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the thorough and excellent review!

6. Ecko

Ecko Loaded Pockets

Nice review, only problem is now I want to buy a Spartan Wallet.

7. ijakers

ijakers Loaded Pockets

8. DragoSapien

DragoSapien Loaded Pockets

Another A+ review.

9. edcer

edcer Loaded Pockets

Another fine review.
    Stefan,if you stuff as many cards as I carry in that wallet, you won't have to worry about the cards coming loose if you drop it.;D
    It seems every time I cull a few cards I end up needing one of them sooner or later.

I have the Spec ops Wallet/JR it seems to be made for a left handed person. If I have the wallet oriented with the cards up,so I can select the desired card,the pocket for my money is on the left side. I have to turn the wallet over to place the money in it at the ATM,and turn it back over when the machine gives my card back.
    The CMC would not have this problem,I do wish it had a clear pocket on the outside for a store that requires a membership card,I like not having to dig for a card as I enter pushing a cart.

10. anonimouse

anonimouse Loaded Pockets

sorry to revive an old thread but I would just like to ask which would be a better wallet, the Spec Ops THE JR or the Maxpedition CMC.
    In my opinion

CMC
    Pros
    -Large exterior zipper pouch
    -interior Zipper pouch
    -Good organization
    Cons
    -Velcro Closure

THE JR
    Pros
    -Sharkbite Closure
    -Zippered bill area
    -ID holder
    -Good organization

Cons
    - small coin pouch/compartment

Which would you guys suggest, based on experience? As of now I'm leaning towards the SpecOps one mainly for the Sharkbite closure.. I feel that the CMC wallet's velcro will annoy me to death? Or I dont know. I plan to carry bills, cards, coins, guitar picks, ID's and my tool logic survival card. So, again, which would you guys suggest? Sorry for the bother!

-anonimouse

11. Chubb

Chubb Loaded Pockets

I have both. I am currently using t.h.e. wallet jr, its an awsome wallet and the lack of Velcro is really nice and feels more adult, BUT, have the extra capabilities that are found in the CMC make my time with it short lived. If I had to choose between the 2, the Maxped CMC wins.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

12. anonimouse

what capabilities does the CMC have over the THE JR besides the bigger and better coin pouches? I dont think the sd card holder on the cmc will be helpful for me because i dont bring sd cards around, and if maybe you've thought of a different use for that slot please tell! Well, as of now im still for the THE JR, but problem is, i haven't found a store that sells it where i live but i have found a store that sells the CMC. MORE HELP PLS! I'm sure i'd find a store that sells the THE, and when I do i hope i have a final decision regarding which wallet to get. im planning on getting it as a christmas gift for myself, and again, i plan to but the stuff in a regular wallet plus my tool logic survival card, and maybe the survival kit tool wallet thing i found on youtube but for my customization! thanks again!

13. Chubb

Chubb Loaded Pockets

The card slots are a little tight on the jr and the cmc coin purse is worth its weight in gold if you ask me. The velcro is loud though and makes me feel like a giant 5yo.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

anonimouse likes this.
  14. anonimouse

Oh. hm so which will hold my Tool Logic Survival card better? which has bigger slot for it?

15. Chubb

Chubb Loaded Pockets

The Jr card slots feel a little tighter to me, I'm not completely familiar with the tool you are trying to fit to give you a straight answer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

16. anonimouse

Just to update! I've recently purchased the MAXPEDITION CMC today, First things first, I have to get used it being opened using the left.. cause the opening of the bills is on top when the velcro flap is on the left side... I'm not used to it.. next, I've only had it for a few mins but I'm liking the coin pouches both inside and out. outside, i use for coins, inside is where i put my keys and other small things... for the bill area, i dont know what to do with the back part cause i cant put other stuff besides bills or receipts but it's okay. but it would be better to have the part opened. anyway, for the memory card part, i put my guitar picks.. and my survival card in the back card flaps. THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP!