1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

[Review] Maxpedition Fliegerduffel

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by Ciclope, May 4, 2012.

1. Ciclope

Ciclope Loaded Pockets

Being a lover of the material Maxpedition, I finally decided to take this baggage.Let's talk about the Maxpedition FLIEGERDUFFEL in khaki color which allows the transport is a classic shoulder bag or as a backpack
    Some technical information:- 1050 denier Cordura material used- Waterproof treatment- Zip "YKK"- Fastex UTX-Duraflex- Double stitching on point more subject to stress- Dimensions 56cm x 35cm x 22cm- Weight (empty) 1.6 kg
    Get on with the photos.
    On top it can be noted- The handle covered with neoprene to increase comfort - Pocket "flat" that extends across the width of the bag
    - 3 rows of 8 pals pockets for any additional

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Details:- Reinforced stitching on the handle on the top main- Zip "YKK" with the possibility of inserting a padlock

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Laterally on both sides we find:- 4 rows of 3 pals- Pocket "flat" network with two compartments- Compression straps with Fastex UTX Duraflex

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    At the ends, on both sides, we find the carrying handle, with the rituals reinforced stitching, with two "D-ring" side to be able to exploit for the shoulder strap (supplied with the bag)

[​IMG]
    Later we find- Drain hole- Compartment with zipper that holds the shoulder straps and can carry the bag like a backpack real- Below are 2 "D-rings" to attach the shoulder straps
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Internally this back pocket, once you leave the shoulder, you have the possibility to accommodate a water bladder.
    [​IMG]
    Moving on to the main compartment.Despite the size of the bag (56cm x 35cm we are about 22cm x), the main compartment is great.It appears to be coated with a waterproof material and has a centrally string to compress the clothing / material that is transported

[​IMG]

Comparison with an ID Maxped traveler

[​IMG]

Comparison with the backpack of the Eagle A-III. Ind

[​IMG]
    Above you can see how there are two pockets "flat" network to store items not too bulky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The shoulder strap is having a good padding that you can always remove by velcro.There are two hooks polymer / metal hook them to the 4 "D-ring" of the bag

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Personal impressions:- Excellent materials- Medium size, good for an handbag- Good modularity external- I'm not really liked: the presence of a single inner belt (I would put at least one other), hooks for attaching the bck straps to the bag (they are pretty hard polymer, but only time will reveal the effective resistance; Also considering the fact that should not take more than 10kg as airline luggage)
    For the rest, good journey to all!

[​IMG]

Soon a video with the Ryanair box hanbag...

MedusaOblongata likes this.
  2. BCGarrick

BCGarrick BST/Marketplace ban

Great review. Been looking at these duffels from maxpedition for a while now and still haven't made up my mind. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

3. summertime boss

summertime boss Loaded Pockets

Nice review. I also am addicted to Maxpedition gear. Thanks.

4. Ciclope

Ciclope Loaded Pockets

Thanks ;-)

5. pilote

pilote Loaded Pockets

i've used mine as a carry-on for a few flights now and i love it. the option to carry it backpack style is great. my small carry-on has been a neat freak and that one is easy to attach with its built in tacties.

can't do the rolling bag thing yet. won't do a roller bag for a carry-on until i'm old and ravaged and have no choice lol...

6. Ciclope

Ciclope Loaded Pockets

Finally i have tested the Fliegerduffel on a Ryanair fly travel.
    The handbag fit perfectly in the metal box about Ryanair company.
    It's great for hand luggage on flights, exactly the right size for the overhead compartment.
    Here it is a video: this is a few second to see the Fliegerduffel in the Ryanair box handbag.
    Hope you like it ;-)

7. Ciclope

Ciclope Loaded Pockets

For 7 days of travel I put in Fliegerduffel:
    1x jeans
    6x underwear
    6x shirts
    6x stockings
    3x heavy socks
    3x pole
    1x thongs
    1x Adidas tracksuit