1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Review: 5.11 Tactical (RUSH) MOAB 6 and 10 Sling-bags (MOLLE/PALS compatible) and Tier System

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by subwoofer, Apr 21, 2013.

1. subwoofer
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

subwoofer Loaded Pockets

Hi TARFU, it has just been a bit of a run of 5.11's gear, but if in any doubt about reviews of other manufacturers gear have a look at these Flashlight Reviews and my Other Reviews.

I normally have those links in my forum signature.

You can always have a look at my other forum posts in general to get an idea of where I'm coming from.

SurvivePenna and TARFU like this.
  2. Jason Kasper

Jason Kasper Loaded Pockets

Just one last follow-up from me. I sent my MOAB10 back to Amazon. I REALLY, really, really, really wanted to love it. I did like the little guy, but he just felt really heavy and awkward to me compared with my other bag. And I just couldn't justify keeping a $100 bag that I kind of liked, but didn't love enough to want to carry every day.

I also don't quite understand the niche that it's trying to fill. I mean, it's a decently heavy pack even empty. But you need to keep it light in order to carry it comfortably and not have to keep switching shoulders. Yet it holds a pretty decent amount of stuff. I never packed it more than even half full and it still felt too heavy to carry comfortably.

Sorry, not trying to badmouth the MOAB10. I just wanted so bad to love it and I'm really disappointed to have to send it back.

Anyway, thanks again for the great review, subwoofer! You did a great job!!! =:)

3. uzmati

uzmati Loaded Pockets

Well, partially due to my own curiosity, but MUCH more due to your comprehensive review, I ordered my MOAB 10 yesterday. Thanks again for the info and keep up the excellent work.

4. Phalacrocorax Norvegicus

Phalacrocorax Norvegicus Loaded Pockets

Thanks, now I have to go and buy a MOAB 10! I really never wanted one, but now my wallet must suffer due to you thorough review! :)
    Also read the RUSH 12/24 reviews on CPF. Any chance you can review the RUSH 72 (if you have it, if not I think it wouldn't be a problem to get 5.11 to send you one free of charge!
    looking forward to your next reviews!
    Cheers!

5. Jason Kasper

I'm very curious to see what you guys think of the MOAB10. Please post your thoughts when you get a chance!

6. Varmitslayer

Varmitslayer Loaded Pockets

Thank you for the very descriptive and well thought out review.:D

7. Kevharde

Kevharde Empty Pockets

Great review on the Moab. I have the 10 and like it very much for lighter loads. Generally I carry 12-13 lbs daily. Not all that much. The Moab 10 did aggravate my shoulder a bit but aside from that minor discomfort it's still a well made and convenient kit. I have actually had more comments about how my tan Moab looks tactical compared to my black Falcon II.Not really sure why but that's been the perception expressed. For every day I do prefer the backpack because I use stuff sacks for gear and the bottom of the pack is better for packing. I have to break up my kit's to spread around the unique pocket system in the Moab...not that that's a bad thing. Just not convenient. And as a minor point...the Tier system straps can be used for other packs if the Molle is placed in the right places. Again... great review, especially like the format.

8. bigguy02

bigguy02 Loaded Pockets

I have a Moab 10 and I just switched it to my work bag and have started sing e Rush24 I have as my EDC. My work loa is decently heavy, I haven't weighs it yet, but it feels pretty hefty. I have found that letting it ride on the out side of my shoulder, on my deltoid, it feels a lot better. Now I don't carry it far, it's only in and out of work, but some days I stand around and talk for 20-30 minutes so some times it's on me for a bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

9. uzmati

uzmati Loaded Pockets

My MOAB 10 arrived yesterday. I got home and loaded it up.

Perhaps it's because I've been using messenger-style bags for so long, but I found it almost instantly usable. It took a few adjustments to get the strap right, but after that it was an easy carry. I especially like the way you can sling it over one shoulder satchel-style for quick jogs to the car and what have you.

I'm really digging the build quality of the bag. Everything feels well constructed, heavy duty, and tight.

Once again, thanks for the excellent review!

10. uzmati

uzmati Loaded Pockets

And as soon as I said that...

Took it to work with me today and it got a good "workout" so to speak. A few walking tours and such.

I'm returning it.

Yeah, it's about as nice a bag as I can imagine of this type (But now I'm seriously considering a Hazard 4 Switchback) but the way it rode on my shoulder was just not cutting it. I need to find a bag that has some nice, wide/long straps to fit my frame I guess.

Still, for someone smaller than me, it's a great bag. Liked the org. options and quality.

11. Jason Kasper

Yeah, this pretty much sums up my experience with the MOAB10 too. The bag itself is awesome and sturdy and well-made. It just doesn't feel right or fit me well, which makes me really sad.

12. uzmati

uzmati Loaded Pockets

Exactly. I already miss the thing. I need to find a local dealer for 5.11 gear and see if I can size a RUSH 12 or 24. I've not had a lot of luck with backpacks lately, been trying to find a sling to work with, but I really liked the build and options of the MOAB.

13. SurvivePenna
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

SurvivePenna EDC Junkie!!!!!

Simply amazing review...outstanding ! :) Such attention to details and very thorough. A+

14. subwoofer
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

subwoofer Loaded Pockets

Thanks :) I have to say this is one review I am very pleased with.

15. SurvivePenna
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

SurvivePenna EDC Junkie!!!!!

Guess what ? I'm 6' 2" and about 210-215 lbs... :D

16. JHGM

JHGM Dinosaur Supervisor

Finally got mine incoming...

Partially due to this fantastic review!

Thanx Subwoofer

17. Medic715

Medic715 Loaded Pockets

Excellent review. I have been using the MOAB 10 for a while now and I love it. I agree with everything you said. It's an extremely sturdy bag and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

18. carrot

carrot Loaded Pockets

Subwoofer, first off thanks for the great reviews. All reviews should be as comprehensive as yours.

Second, do you have any Nalgene water bottles? Can you tell me how many would fit in a 6 and in a 10 so I can get a better idea of how much internal space there is?

19. subwoofer
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

subwoofer Loaded Pockets

Thanks :) it takes a lot of time and effort, and all done in my spare time (for my sins I work in IT to make a living). If I could I would go even further, but just don't have the time.

Unfortunately, though I have loads of gear, there is so much out there I don't have many of the items people ask me to check. I often wish I had the stock of a shop available to me (without having to buy all of it) but am only an enthusiast rather than a dealer.

20. smoakie976

smoakie976 Loaded Pockets

Such a good review and very organized, great job!