1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Reserve your EVADE backpacks here!

Discussion in 'Alpha One Niner (bags & gear)' started by HELM, Apr 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MTFatboy
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

MTFatboy Loaded Pockets

Cobra 6 Actual and thePlumbah like this.
  2. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Correct. ;)

Cobra 6 Actual and MTFatboy like this.
  3. FenixArcher

FenixArcher EDC Junkie!!!

Cobra 6 Actual likes this.
  4. Chris C

Chris C Loaded Pockets

I think I may of went a little overboard but just completed my order for three Evade packs. One in black, 2 tone rip stop, and one in typhoon. Along with a bunch of other accessories. Can't wait to get my hands on them though. And btw HELM was awesome to deal with directly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. SMAJ
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

SMAJ Loaded Pockets

okay guys, first, thanks HELM for this great deal, and for addressing everyones Panic Attack!! I may be late to the table on this one, but if you got the 404 page, but got a confirmation email for the order am I good? Thanks in advance!

6. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Yes you are sister. Thanks!

7. njpreps

njpreps Loaded Pockets

Thanks HELM for putting this all together. It must be semi validating that everyone is so rabidly waiting for your finished product. :)

8. EveryDayBeer
    • In Omnia Paratus

EveryDayBeer Loaded Pockets

Just paid for my kryptek typhon pack with a set of matroskya pouches. Something else to look forward to when back from training! :frantic:

Here's a few pics of the previous SERT EDCF-sourced backpack, stuffed to the gills for a weekend trip to my folks' house. Laptop, tablet, dopp kit and about a work week of clothes. Minus one tshirt, just ran out of room. :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Pardon the quality. The new phone's camera software is just horrible. No way to control depth of focus that I've been able to discern.

9. IMWILSON
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

IMWILSON EDC Wizard

Yes, thanks very much HELM. I was able to place my order for pack, pouches, and V Kit.

Cobra 6 Actual and T.H.Cone like this.
  10. Chimay

Chimay Loaded Pockets

Has anyone seen some other pictures of the vkit? I couldn't find much on them. Started to order one anyway, but talked myself out of it. Now I'm wondering though...

11. Highway9
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Highway9 Loaded Pockets

any confirmation of final volume? I think I heard in the video "<30 liter" but Helm said he was going to put styrofoam balls in one (or something along those lines) to get a better volume...

12. IMWILSON
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

IMWILSON EDC Wizard

Check out the Sneaky Bags web site for a better description.

13. BeantownJ

BeantownJ Loaded Pockets

Hi Helm,

First, thank you for putting this all together. I have had TAD, Mystery Ranch, Kifaru, Tom Bihn and many many others and have said so many times, if I could just build a bag from the ground up using top tier material, I would never have to buy another bag again. This project is so great because it not only did just that, but utilized the opinions/expertise/experience of so many other EDC fanatics so that the the final product incorporated so many great ideas. I just have three questions and I apologize if they have been asked and answered:

- Once the customer places the order, when do they ship and where do they ship from (of course I am already counting the minutes until mine arrives)?
    - Do you have a final number as far as capacity (CI)?
    - This may be a difficult question to answer, but how do you think these packs compare from a fit/finish/construction standpoint vs. the aforementioned bag companies (TAD, MR, Kifaru, Tom Bihn, etc)? I know very little about the manufacturing processes but of course I have seen significant differences in quality between certain companies . Maybe an unfair question, but I was just curious as to where you feel these bags fall on the spectrum.

Again, thanks for this. I am VERY excited to receive mine and I am already thinking that this time next year we should do a Version 2 once you compile feedback from everyone.

14. T.H.Cone

T.H.Cone I am senor Fluffy, hear me roar

HELM, I know you're every busy, and I'm not trying to add to what must already be a full plate, so this is just a question, NOT any sort of request...
    I see that you don't have them now @A19, but do you ever have those Matroskya pouches available for sale in earth tone colors?

15. MTFatboy
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

MTFatboy Loaded Pockets

I believe you can get Matroskya pouches in any tactical color you want--as long as it's black :D.

16. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

The orders have been piling it over the last few days and it's very encouraging. Thanks guys and for those with the kind comments, I do appreciate that. Now on to some of the new Qs..........

T.H.Cone - I don't have the Matroskya in earth tones right now. Hopefully I'll be able to add-on sometime in the near future. I just have to find the time to commit to getting all the necessary fabrics.

Chimay - IMWilson is right, best you go to the Sneaky Bag or SERT online store for more info and photos. Unfortunately I cannot put those links here but if you google Sneaky Bags, it will pop right up.

Highway9 - here's a better breakdown in terms of dimensions and volume:

Pack itself, uncompressed is 18" H x 11" W x 5.625" D​
    Main compartment - 18" H x 11" W x 4.5" D = 891 cu in = 14.6L​
    Laptop/notebook compartment - 18" H x 11" W x 1.5" D = 297 cu in = 4.9L​
    Front pocket/organizer - 17" H x 11" W x 1.5" D = 280.5 cu in = 4.6L​

So the 3 main compartments total 24.1 L using the above but we do lose a tad bit 'cos the top is tapered some. All the internal zippered & sleeve pockets are within these 3 compartments so you can't exactly factor those. Hope this answers your Q.​

BeantownJ - those are all great bag companies, ones that I hold the highest respect for. I personally have own all but TAD. I can only hope that one day, our name can mention along the others. With any bag company there are pros and cons, strengths and weaknesses but the good ones are always there because they exceed expectations. And that's what we work hard to do, exceed your expectation of what our bags would be like.

So how do we stack against them? Well I am certain we are holding our own. I've had Japanese clients come to us because they think we have better construction than one of those brands you've mentioned and on the opposite end of the spectrum, we're producing gear for the very same end user that one of the other brands is also supplying to. In our design and production studio our bible is 'Poynter's Parachute Manual' which sets the standard for milspec sewing and we live by that. You add quality material to this and it all comes down to design. As you've mentioned the Evade was a result of everyone here chipping in with their ideas. Granted we could not utilize all of it but boy did we squeeze in a lot! Ultimately if the fabric/material used and sewing construction is on par with other tier one companies, what is left is the Design. I'm quite confident I don't see anything similar to the Evade being offered by the other companies.

On the subject of delivery, I just checked the shipment and it is due into our warehouse on Thursday. I was hoping Tuesday and it appears that we're gonna see a tad late. As such, that first shipment of Evades will be shipped out before this weekend.

As far as capacity is concern, please see my answer to Highway's Q above. Hope this answers your Qs.

Lou_G, Highway9, Tixx and 6 others like this.
  17. BeantownJ

BeantownJ Loaded Pockets

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. I am so ridiculously excited for this pack and I am pumped that it came in at 24L, which in my opinion, is the money spot for EDC!!! Thanks again.

Tixx and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
  18. Myrddraal

Myrddraal Loaded Pockets

HELM thanks for all your hard work with us on this project! I know the answer to this question is subjective, but how close would you say the grey solid nylon is to foliage green? I have some gear in wolf grey that is pretty close, but I don't know how your grey compares. Thanks!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

19. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

@Myrddal - it's darker than Wolf Grey. My kids call it Shark Grey but I think it's darker. Here's a quick comparison between our grey and Foliage Green. It's closer to possibly Charcoal. The mill I get this from, Brookwood in CT, calls it Steel.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438769892.692289.jpg

kertap75, bigfoot, MTFatboy and 5 others like this.
  20. Myrddraal

Myrddraal Loaded Pockets

Thanks Helm! Looks like a great color.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.