1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Reserve your EVADE backpacks here!

Discussion in 'Alpha One Niner (bags & gear)' started by HELM, Apr 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ike582

Ike582 Loaded Pockets

HELM, that Recon 3 looks great. I agree with your comment to make the front side pocket less than full depth, no need to loose small items so deep in the pocket. I'd also love to see it with a metal Cobra buckle in front, that would give it a superb high end detail and clearly visually distinguish it from lower end packs. Nice work!!

Ike

2. Frenchephaistos

Frenchephaistos Loaded Pockets

A4, not 8.5x11… ;)

3. ppfd

ppfd Loaded Pockets

Yeah I knew it was something like that! LoL

Frenchephaistos likes this.
  4. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

LOL, nothing like friendly rivalries. Alright guys if you're cool with it, I'll start a new thread for the Recon 3 pack. Otherwise this thread is going to end up being too long!

Frenchephaistos likes this.
  5. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Oh and before I forget it, we just got some love from the good folks at RECOIL magazine for the Evade!

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. T.H.Cone

T.H.Cone I am senor Fluffy, hear me roar

RECOIL? Isn't that the Glamour Magazine of the gun world?

And didn't the editor or publisher spout off some anti 2A nonsense in the first or second issue, not to mention calling us "nerds" just now?

7. Jay PS

Jay PS Loaded Pockets

Is there a website to checkout/order one of these bags?

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

Cobra 6 Actual likes this.
  8. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

It is and yes the original editor got into hot soup for what he said. He has since been replaced and the new guy rocks. As for that 'nerd' reference, sticks and stones my friend ;) Doesn't bother me a :censored: bit 'cos I am too old and too stupid and furthermore, he probably has very little idea of the caliber of folks on this forum. He did give us kudos for the final outcome ;)

9. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Jay, check out alphaoneniner.com - PM me if you have any Qs. We have a discount code for forum members.

10. CANNIBALdinner.

CANNIBALdinner. Loaded Pockets

Love your stuff, Helm! Keep it up!

11. Tyler Jones

Tyler Jones Loaded Pockets

Anyone have an Evade in coyote they wouldn't mind posting a picture of?

12. Chris C

Chris C Loaded Pockets

Any updates HELM, on the other items you mentioned previously that you were working on? Happy new year by the way!

13. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Sorry guys I'm right smack in the middle of SHOT Show right now. Will revert as soon as I can.

14. Frenchephaistos

Frenchephaistos Loaded Pockets

Hope tons of people get to see some of your stuff there ! It's worth it !

Cobra 6 Actual and IMWILSON like this.
  15. wordfool

wordfool Loaded Pockets

Anyone know where I might find any hidden stock of the Evade in solid black or gray?! I wonder if Helm is planning another production run.

16. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Hey guys, I am finally back at home! Between getting sick from day one at SHOT to getting stucked because all the flights were cancelled, it has been a tough 10 days. I am so glad that I am back home playing hooky :)

Chris C - got swamped over the last month or so so I only got to get the waist belt done first. I will try and get a sample out and photograph as soon as I can. Time is not on my side 'cos the studio will be closing from the 5th to the 20th of Feb because of the Lunar New year. I also am working on the other pack the Recon 3 and a couple of pouches. I was seriously looking into doing a new belt using the magnetic buckle from the Kickstarter project "Quicky Belt" but the problem I found at SHOT is that a number of guys could not put their buckles through their belt loops.

wordfool - new shipment of Grays get in by the end of next week. I am going to make pre-orders available on the online store shortly because I am failing miserably at updating the wait list :(

Tyler Jones - hang tight brother, let me get one done after this. Sorry for the delay.

FYI folks, a variant of the Evade was launched at SHOT under Sneaky Bags. Steve 'Yeti' Fisher from Sentinel Concepts and formerly of Magpul Dynamics like the Evade and come up with ideas for his variant. Essentially it does not have a laptop compartment, the back wall of the main compartment has the original PALS loop panel and the front pocket only has loops (no organizer). Simplified yes but definitely with covert carry personnel in mind. I gotta say it got a lot of publicity during SHOT thanks to Yeti.

In case anyone's wondering, I will be taking Feb off to stay home and to answer all your future Qs and get some needed trigger time ;) Come March, I'm off again! So anyone in the NoVA area is more than welcome to join me at Sharpshooters in Lorton or IDPA at the NRA HQ.

I hope everyone's New Year is off to a good start!

Chris C, Lynx, wordfool and 5 others like this.
  17. wfbont007

wfbont007 Loaded Pockets

When and where can we get information on the variant of the Evade?

18. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Tyler Jones - here we go bro![​IMG]

Lynx, MTFatboy and T.H.Cone like this.
  19. Tyler Jones

Tyler Jones Loaded Pockets

Man, what a great looking pack! Thanks for posting this!

20. SFGIANTSGUY28

SFGIANTSGUY28 Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Received a sweet package in the mail today from Helm! Solid Gray 1000D. This is a great looking gray and is darker than than expected which is actually good, Im not a fan of lighter grays or greens.

Proceeded to immediately load it out and it is perfect for what i will be using the pack for. it will hold small office EDC items and gym clothes/ shoes for after work. It easily holds all all this stuff with room to spare! it will be replacing my Go Ruck GR0 as my work/EDC bag.

[​IMG]

This is a high quality bag at first glance and time will tell if it is as durable as My Go Ruck. i can Already tell i like the features this bag offers over the Ruck. and personally I find it to be much more stylish!

only thing that i noticed right off the bat was the gauge of the zippers(small) and the fact that they seemed a little crunchy .

Question: Has anyone seen had issue with the zippers not holding up to daily use? this is the only thing making me nervous. I could not find much info on warranty of the Recon 9. looks like maybe 1 year full coverage?

Overall I am very pleased with this pack! Helm has really hit a home run with this one as you guys already know. HELM also answered all my questions along the way in a very timely matter and offers some top notch customer service.

I have been a long time stocker of this forum and thread and this pack is the reason why i decided to finally join.

Cannot wait to see what the smaller variant will look like!

Lynx, MTFatboy and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.