1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Reserve your EVADE backpacks here!

Discussion in 'Alpha One Niner (bags & gear)' started by HELM, Apr 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyler Jones

Tyler Jones Loaded Pockets

Just curious how these packs are holding up? Really like the design from what I've seen.

2. Chimay

Chimay Loaded Pockets

No complaints on mine. Mine still basically looks new.

Cobra 6 Actual likes this.
  3. Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

Ditto ... Still looks new; works great as a day pack!

4. Myrddraal

Myrddraal Loaded Pockets

Any updates on these ideas? Need a beta tester? ;-)

Millertime1974 likes this.
  5. MTFatboy
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

MTFatboy Loaded Pockets

These packs will last forever. The quality of materials and attention to detail are amazing. I haven't put mine through any abuse or hard use; it's just been toting my laptop around. I have packs built less sturdily that have withstood years of abuse, though. If anything, buyers should be aware that while not particularly large, these are heavy duty packs that weigh as much as twice (empty) what a flimsy, back-to-school-special day pack weighs. (Mine isn't diamond ripstop).

6. Millertime1974
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Millertime1974 Loaded Pockets

Seconded!
    The waist\hip belt would fit well with the Evade

7. Dynamic_Assassin

Dynamic_Assassin Loaded Pockets

Love the Diamond ripstop and has been holding up great. Mainly office and travel use. I've had had it packed to the brim with no issues. The MATROSKYA pouches definetly help with organization and I wouldn't buy the EVADE without it.

8. Chimay

Chimay Loaded Pockets

I just converted over to a two bag system, a shoulder/messenger bag (Sherman) for during the week/basic work days and the EVADE for weekend/traveling/longer outings. I just move the Matroskya pouches and the items in the admin section over, toss in whatever else I need and am ready to go. Don't have to duplicate items between bags, simple to move, working great. And the difference it makes in not having a bunch of loose stuff sitting low in your bag is pretty amazing as well.

9. ppfd

ppfd Loaded Pockets

Mine looks like new. I don't really carry it per say. I carry my goods to work and set it in my bunk room for my shift.
    Which leads me to..... The evade for what I need is a little too big. I'd love to see the same bag built around a tablet size. This has lead me to go back to a 2 bag system as well. I'm using my first spear comm pack (small) for daily edc now.

Still considering about something a little smaller.

10. njpreps

njpreps Loaded Pockets

After 5 trips to California, 1 trip to Colorado, and 1 trip to Boston plus being carried to and from NYC everyday on NJ Transit my pack still looks brand new. A great testament to quality materials and workmanship.

[​IMG]

11. Ike582

Ike582 Loaded Pockets

I have the two tone diamond ripstop, and it still looks brand new after being dragged through airports and stuffed under seats on 5 trips. I drag around a significant array of electronics and tech gear, so the organizational options are just superb. The "secret" rear zippered pocket remains the perfect spot to stow boarding passes. The size is ideal for my travel needs, as I don't want tao haul a huge pack around.

However, it's not my every day carry bag. As ppfd noted, I'd also love a smaller version (maybe a shoulder bag version) for my minimal needs (phone, wallet, iPad or 12" MacBook, minimal electronic accessories, and a pocket camera.) For now, I've been using either a S.O.Tech Mission Go Bag (fabulously underrated) or an Able Archer Buttpack for daily needs, but I'm always looking at whatever new stuff comes along.

12. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Hey gang,

Good to hear from you guys. Always love reading the feedback you have. Allow me to address couple of the things mentioned here:
    1. Waist belt - I should have prototype done very shortly. I know some of you are already using the ones that are currently available out there and I have been getting direct feedback on these too.
    2. Size - I do agree. If you have to haul a load, the Evade will help get the job done well but there are always those among us that only wanna carry minimal and I am one of those on certain days. Especially now that I'm cutting down to an iPad Pro. Anyway I have a very basic pack that I use that I am planning to add to Alpha One Niner's product line. Will get you more info on this. One thing you will have to note is that there is going to be nothing tactical about this pack except for the Cobra buckle I plan to use in front.
    3. Matroskya pouches - these have turned out to be the surprise winner! I have heard nothing but how great these have turned out for everyone. I am not at liberty to mention who but suffice to say a USG agency plans to adopt a version of the Evade with Matros in it as a Medical Go-Bag.
    And FYI there will be another version of the Evade (simplified) that will be launched at SHOT this month. It does not have the laptop compartment but instead combines both spaces for a larger single compartment. It will not have the CCW compartment nor the front organizer pocket; further simplified for Velcro removable pouches. This variant will be launched under Sneaky Bags co-branded for a tactical training company that some of us might be familiar with.
    All the details will be posted here on the EDC forum before it launches. You guys have earned the privilege plus some. The Evade or any of its variants will always be associated with this forum thanks to everyone's help.

PS I'm OCONUS again so bear with me if answers are required!

13. tkill

tkill Loaded Pockets

To repeat what everyone else has said. I have carried my pack to and from work + the gym every day since I received it. It still looks brand new, and this is the first pack I have ever owned that I have literally no complaints or grips about. I have packed it to capacity many times, strapped stuff to the outside, etc. It is indestructible. This is the perfect pack for me.

I have the diamond ripstop two tone version.

14. ppfd

ppfd Loaded Pockets

I will add on the evade after using it for a while.
    If some sort of version 2 ever came out, I'd like to see a slip pocket on the back wall similar to what is in the back compartment.

As I mentioned, I don't fill the pack to capacity. The main compartment usually has a book or magazines and I use the large matro pouch for this. Problem is I have to unzip the pack all the way open to get to those items in the matro pouch.
    I think a slot pocket on the back wall wall would be a great add to a great pack.

HELM likes this.
  15. Frenchephaistos

Frenchephaistos Loaded Pockets

Still good as new here as well ! +1 on the Matroskya pouches and size remarks.
    Would definitely follow and probably buy the next evade if it's even half as good as this one. ;)

HELM likes this.
  16. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

A Typhon in Saigon.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moco, Lynx, JHGM and 1 other person like this.
  17. buckshot

buckshot Loaded Pockets

Wow I really missed the out on some great things while I was away from the EDC Forums. There doesnt appear to be any stock of Evades in the forum store, do we know when more will be available?

Edit - Actually it appears the bag in the store isnt an Evade as seen in the video... Ok, now I need to read more to find out how to get one :)

Thanks

Buckshot

18. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

buckshot - sent you a PM with some info :)

Guys, I pulled a smaller backpack from the A19 collection and made a quick video of it for those of you who are looking for a smaller, more basic pack for carrying your daily minimums. This was originally launched at the Tokyo Men's Show early last year and I've not have chance since to give it a proper push. I lost my train of thought a couple of times in the video so please bear with me. It's almost at the end of the day here and I'm running low on fuel!

Edit, Saturday Jan 9, I re-did the video!

19. T.H.Cone

T.H.Cone I am senor Fluffy, hear me roar

LOL, it happens to me in every one of my videos.

20. ppfd

ppfd Loaded Pockets

Helm,
    My opinion, the front pocket, size it to fit magazines, and standard paper, files (8.5x11) a few pen slots as well.
    1 bottle holder as on the evade.
    That would be a winner!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.