1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Requesting Advice On G Shock

Discussion in 'Watches' started by Legend, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Legend

Legend Loaded Pockets

Hey there EDCF, I am in the market for a G Shock. I am in interested in the GST-S110BD-1B but my research has yielded little feedback on the watch's quality. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this model. Thanks for your time!
    --Ben

Link to Casio's website: http://www.casio-intl.com/sg/en/wat/watch_detail/GST-S110BD-1B/

2. maliboo74

maliboo74 Loaded Pockets

Nice choice. I own an analog gshock, and am casually looking for a 2nd.

I've never heard anything bad about any gshock (so long as that is what a person knows they want). You can't go wrong with any of them. However, Amazon reviews are a great place to look for feedback regarding any product and your gshock is getting great reviews. There are plenty of quetions answered about it too.

https://www.amazon.com/Casio-SHOCK-Quartz-Stainless-Casual/dp/B01LDMMMJ0/

[​IMG]

Legend likes this.
  3. MCPOWoller

MCPOWoller Loaded Pockets

I too look to Amazon first for reviews. Like @maliboo74 said, you can't go wrong with a G Shock. I am not a fan of metal bracelet type bands thanks to my hairy arms, but that is a nice looking G Shock.

Legend likes this.
  4. Caveman
    • In Omnia Paratus

Caveman Loaded Pockets

The digital display is on the weak side. I tried to like it. The band is tough on hairy arms. It is lite.

Legend likes this.
  5. mike3145

mike3145 Loaded Pockets

I had the little plastic piece that holds the bracelet of my MTG900 break a few weeks back and given the watch was about 10 years old, I just thought it buy a new one instead of replacing the piece. The G-Steel series was on my short list (I like metal bracelets) but at 52mm just way too big for my taste and wrist. I ended up with the current version of the MTG900. Although I paid about the same for as I did 10 years ago, the bracelet seems to be more cheaply made...

Legend likes this.
  6. Batsy

Batsy Loaded Pockets

I've always been a fan of G Shock watches. The Mudman has been an all-time favorite, but the shown GWX8900B-7CR has done me well over the last two years. I wear it 24/7, in the shower, at work, hiking, hunting.. you name it. Being solar I've never had battery issues. As others said.. check out reviews on Amazon. If lighting is as important as it is for me, look on YouTube. People often upload video reviews to demonstrate backlighting. From what I've noticed analog G Shock tend to have weaker lighting.[​IMG][​IMG]

Moshe ben David and Legend like this.
  7. Legend

Legend Loaded Pockets

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I love my Mudman (consistent wear for the last three years) and I want to expand the collection. I decided to pull the trigger on this one, I figured I can always return it if I don't like it when I see it in person. I will follow up with pictures and more info in the next few days.

Batsy likes this.
  8. mike3145

mike3145 Loaded Pockets

The G-Steel series are good looking watches but just a little big for me. When you get around to posting pics, please include a couple of wrist shots.

9. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

@mike3145: Have you ever looked at one of the more basic G-shock? For example, the 5600E or similar? Not nearly as many bells nor whistles, which translates into a unit not nearly as bulky. IIRC, I think this is one of the earliest design series but still sells well. Particularly for those like you and I who are not looking for something as bulky as say a Mudman.

You can see a range of this series at Amazon: https://amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=Casio+g-shock+5600

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

#9 Moshe ben David, Apr 9, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  10. Legend

Legend Loaded Pockets

I will post a couple shots this afternoon, after class.

11. Legend

Legend Loaded Pockets

I do not know what happened to my last reply, the post must have been deleted. Anyway I ended up returning the watch, I was not impressed with the build quality (especially for the price that I paid for it). The major downside to this watch is the band, it felt uncomfortable and cheap; not to mention it would make a noise every time I moved my wrist despite the adjustments I made for a tighter fit.

@mike3145 I totally forgot to take pictures before I sent the watch off man, you will have to forgive me for that one.

#11 Legend, Apr 11, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  12. stockae92

stockae92 Loaded Pockets

You can't go wrong with the watch as long as you like the spec. It is slightly on the large side, but should be manageable.

My "complain* about most analog / digital G-Shock is they don't give us analog display + 24hr chronograph + 24hr countdown timer.

In this case, it has 60 min chrono + 100 min CDT. Might work for some, but I just found having 24hr for both is much more useful.

13. mike3145

mike3145 Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the suggestion but I'm not a fan of plastic watches, especially plastic/rubbery bands. I actually have a Breitling Aerospace with a rubber band and my wrist gets sweaty. I'd upgrade to the titanium bracelet but the last time I looked it was $800+. :eek:

#13 mike3145, Apr 15, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  14. Vartz04

Vartz04 Loaded Pockets

It sure how high tech you'd want to go but I just got a refurb garmin fenix 3 for $290. Basically a smart watch with gshock like looks. Tons of fitness tracking things if you're into that and it has gps.

15. Henryhoover

Henryhoover Loaded Pockets

I have a mudmaster which I love [​IMG]

But it doesn't get anywhere near the wrist time my fenix 3 gets I'd choose the fenix if I could only have one

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vartz04 likes this.
  16. stockae92

stockae92 Loaded Pockets

Fenix 3 is a good suggestion, beware of its size, its big and flat. But its feature packed. With moderate use, I can get close to 10to 14 days per charge, even longest if I would switch off the activity tracking or GPS.