1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Reported wide-spread problem with iPhones

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by Moshe ben David, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

I came across an article about an extremely wide-spread problem impacting multiple generations of iPhones. The problem is said to involve 'uninstalled apps' that despite being 'uninstalled' are still consuming sometimes VERY hefty loads of data transmission. The article goes on to say that Apple has been aware of the issue for some time but has yet to give any clear explanations let alone probable dates of solution...

I don't use a smart phone so it doesn't impact me. But I suspect this could well impact many of us here at EDCF!

Here's the link to the article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2020/03/14/apple-ios-13-iphone-cellular-data-problem-iphone-11-pro-max-u-iphone-xs-max-xr-update/?ss=consumertech#6f89cbd5485e

Hope it proves useful to many of y'all!

Am Yisrael Chai!

Moshe ben David

chaosmagnet likes this.
  2. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

chaosmagnet Loaded Pockets

Our family is all iPhones and we haven’t experienced this yet (and I watch the data usage carefully). I wonder if the affected haven’t regularly killed all their apps and rebooted their devices.

3. Revj

Revj Loaded Pockets

I’ve seen cases of it even after a full wipe of device and start as scratch...

I think we’ll see a sequential update imminent as there’s been so much press about it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

chaosmagnet likes this.
  4. garza

garza Loaded Pockets

Within the last year Apple has released updates for “unsupported” iOS versions. One for a 4S and one for a just unsupported iPad. Both were security related.

I am curious how this problem will be classified by Apple. The 4s is used as a house phone with a google voice number which is our old landline number

5. Revj

Revj Loaded Pockets

Are you getting the issue - with a 4s you wouldn’t be on the latest os would you? I think the data usage issue is only on 13.1??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6. garza

garza Loaded Pockets

The 4S has not been supported for several years except for the security update in 2019. I believe the oldest iPhone supported is the 6S.

Revj likes this.