1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Replacement for FourSevens QP2A-X?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by darth_guy101, Oct 13, 2012.

1. darth_guy101

darth_guy101 Loaded Pockets

So, I recently lost my beloved Foursevens QP2A-X.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I got it about the middle of this summer, right after FourSevens changed their logo. Anyway, I was planning on just saving up my pennies and buying a replacement for it, but I decided to go on to the forum(s) and see if there were any other lights that matched the performance and price of the QP2A-X.

Requirements:
    -MUST be a 2xAA light.
    -Have a really low mode with very high runtime- .5-5 lumens for a long time, 10-15 days (like my old FourSevens).
    -Have a really high (max,turbo, battery-vampire) mode- 250-300 lumens for about an hour.
    -Have a at least 1 middle mode- ~25 lumens, ~100 lumens.
    -A good pocket clip is important.
    -It's use will include: EDC and general outdoors use. I live in an urban/suburban area, so a flood-y beam is preferred over a throw-y beam.

So, anything that can out-do my "old" QP2A-X?

PS: Don't worry, I still have a flashlight on my person. It's my Streamlight Stylus Pro with a Streamlight Nano-stream on my keys.

2. Blerv

Blerv Loaded Pockets

Nothing that would be a night and day upgrade. Led and battery tech hasn't changed much and there besides different functionality your not going to find something much brighter. Not on two AA's a least.

3. darth_guy101

Yeah, I did some more research and looked into a bunch of other companies, but I just couldn't find anything that really worked better for me.

4. Blerv

Blerv Loaded Pockets

Yea if you said more throw there are some options. Similar if you wanted to run Li-ions more output can be had.

Foursevens makes a pretty solid light. At this point I would prob shop functionality or looks over the rest. Happy shopping :)

5. creekfan

creekfan Loaded Pockets

Blerv likes this.
  6. darth_guy101

I saw that in another post but i just don't have the money to buy one at the moment. By the time I have the money, they will probably be sold out.