1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Remora Holsters

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by rocketdog, Dec 7, 2011.

1. rocketdog

rocketdog Loaded Pockets

I just received my new Remora holster and it is absolutely fantastic! If you're like me and have wasted a lot of time and money looking for an IWB holster that works then you owe it to yourself to check these out. Go to their website, read the reviews, and check out the videos on YouTube. This holster does what they say it does and it works!

An added note: I placed my order late Saturday night, got an order acknowledgment email immediately, an email with tracking information a few hours later on SUNDAY MORNING! and delivery on Wednesday! That's great service in my book!

(This is a completely unsolicited endorsement from a satisfied customer.)

2. b.s.

b.s. Loaded Pockets

I agree 100%. I received one for my M&P 9c and it's well worth the money. Right now, I'm using it more than any of my custom holsters. Great company and fast shipping.

3. deepsea

deepsea Loaded Pockets

This is a solid product that works. Been carrying my Glock 26 in this holster for around 7 months now. You really have nothing to lose. You can purchase a holster, try it out and if you do not like it, send it back for a full refund.

4. D50boy

D50boy Loaded Pockets

I've never heard anyone say anything negative about these. I've got one on my Christmas list so I can give it a try. I've also got a Crossbreed on the way in case it doesn't work out. ;)

5. Lateck

Lateck Loaded Pockets

Another believer here!

Lateck,

6. D50boy

D50boy Loaded Pockets

Initial after Christmas review:

I'm very impressed by the Remora! For Christmas I received a reinforced top model for my Kahr PM45 w/CT laser. It fits perfectly and performs as advertised. I was surprised how well it does IWB. I'm used to a Crossbreed which are very comfortable, but this holster is even more comfy. The rubber is very grippy and won't move around on you.

My only gripe (and it may go away with break-in): The edges of the holster are covered in the stuff so the rubber does grip onto the pistol in places. It grips so well, the holster will turn out your pockets and stay on the gun when drawn (pocket carry of course). I have to push the holster off of the gun with my thumb on the draw. The Desantis Nemesis that my wife has for her J Frame doesn't do this. IWB draw is fine though- comes out without a hiccup.

7. reppans

reppans Loaded Pockets

I got one for my G26 and it's a decent holster, but for me it is not nearly as confidence inspiring as something like a Crossbreed Supertuck or my Galco Kingtuk.

For one, it's not good for tucking your shirt in as it will actually hold the shirt down, or start to shift as your shirt slides against your pants. It's also not good for any situation which may slightly unweight your belt from your hip.... like lying down, rolling, running, jumping or tumbling... all things I could imagine happening in a life threatening situation.

8. 44Magpie

44Magpie Loaded Pockets

Here's my Kimber Solo in a Remora.
    [​IMG]

9. gatorfan

gatorfan Loaded Pockets

Check out this You Tube video for a retention test of the Remora Holster with a Ruger SR9C:

[video=youtube;Ei0CzP1y5hk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei0CzP1y5hk[/video]

10. D50boy

D50boy Loaded Pockets

Near 1 month review:

It's a great holster still. It has gotten better with releasing the gun when drawing from the pocket. I still have to push it off with my thumb a bit, but it's not a problem.

11. CinquecentoNero

CinquecentoNero Loaded Pockets

I have several Remoras all are up to the task of safely concealing your pistol. With one of my holsters there was an issue with the hem and the Kydex insert releasing the magazine. I emailed Alan at Remora and sent him a couple of pictures so he would understand the issue. A week later a custom holster arrived in the mail that works flawlessly . He even sent a free magazine holster for my troubles. This is a class act company with a customer service department that is second to none.