1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Remora holster

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Kryptonian, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Wishoot

Wishoot Loaded Pockets

I'm the odd man out. I've had no luck with Remora.

I have Remora's for a LCR, LCP and CZ75B. I bought them all at the same time.

It doesn't do what it's supposed to do. No matter what I wear. No matter what belt I use or don't use. The holster constantly slips around and moves far too much while performing almost no activity on my part. Could be the shape of my body does not lend itself well for these types of holsters.

2. Chimay

Chimay Loaded Pockets

I missed out on their labor day sale, 35% off and free mag holster... I think I'm going to have to get one, at least for my p238. EDCF strikes the wallet again.

3. Kryptonian

Kryptonian EDC Junkie

I got an email yesterday for 35% plus free mag. I think the promo code is sept35.

4. Chimay

Chimay Loaded Pockets

Why? Why would you share that with me....? thought I had an excuse to not buy one for a little while longer. My wallet is cringing.

5. Stutz

Stutz EDC Junkie

I'm not a huge fan of mine, either. It's not tacky-feeling at all, and I can easily slip it in and out of my waistband. That said, mine doesn't really move too much. It settles a little bit, but not so much that it becomes hard to draw or is in danger of slipping out. I've had a couple of times where my belt was too tight and I was sitting on a hard-backed chair in a restaurant and it worked its way up a little too far.

6. flphotog

flphotog Loaded Pockets

I've got a couple of these sitting in a drawer but don't use them any more. All of my holsters are now made by Panther Concealment in Jacksonville. Easy on and off, retain well, and I know they aren't going to fall out of my pants.

[​IMG]

Wishoot likes this.
  7. Wishoot

Wishoot Loaded Pockets

^^^^^^^

Nice CZ.

8. flphotog

flphotog Loaded Pockets

Thanks, it's my new primary carry, love it. All of a sudden my M&P's are taking a back seat.

9. codename

codename Loaded Pockets

I have mixed emotions about min. They are easy to throw on if you have to run out, so the convenience factor is there. However, I don't think Remora holsters are suited for larger guns. I have one for my full size 1911 and it has never left the house. My XDm 3.8 is the largest gun I would carry in a remora.

In the last year I have replaced the remora holsters in favor of pocket carry. It's more convenient for quick trips.

10. stbear

stbear Loaded Pockets

I use mine for quick trips but it moves too much for my liking for all day carry with an LC9. Mine isn't that tacky and I really need to cinch my belt tight to keep if from moving some. I don't think I could carry with gym shorts or sweat pants like some say is possible. Still I consider it worth the price.