1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Regarding reviews

Discussion in 'Knives' started by aliaspostmortem, Dec 30, 2015.

1. r-ice
    • In Omnia Paratus

r-ice Loaded Pockets

keep your reviews coming, let the haters hate.

2. Adahn

Adahn Loaded Pockets

Be careful with this. It's against the rules to post other online shops and price tags.
    Usually it's ok though if you post one of the two, but not both combined (as long it's not the forum shop of course).
    I guess it's not so much of an issue if you bought your gear in a real world shop :)

3. Ben Rubinstein

I believe that there was a recent law or proposal for the same made in the US at least where reviewers had to state up front in a review whether they had been given the sample to review, any kickbacks they were given, etc. I remember it from the camera reviews I used to frequent. At the time all reviews started to do the same wherever they were based in the world as it became a standard. Was very helpful at the time as the most common internet throwback from the trolls or the haters or fanboys (and the camera world is so very full of them) was always 'you've been bought'. I've noticed that these proclamations stopped being so popular, not sure why. In any case it might provide you with a first line defence against the inevitable sour grapes on behalf of anonymous internet names.

Other than that, I have a feeling that if you want to review you need a thick skin. A very thick skin even. I don't begin to have one so I keep quiet for the most about reviewing.

4. Chimay

Chimay Loaded Pockets

And besides that, prices change etc.

I'd recommend only listing the MSRP if you want to list a price and not mentioning a retailer specifically.

For instance:
    This knife has a MSRP of $100 and I purchased it from an online retailer. You can commonly find the knife discounted below MSRP.

Or:
    This knife has a MSRP of $100 and I purchased it from my brother in law who owns a local retail establishment with an additional 40% family discount.

Or even:
    This knife has a MSRP of $100, I was provided a 60% discount code to purchase from the manufacturer in exchange for writing a review and posting it online.

Or worst:
    This knife has a MSRP of $100, I was promised a complete refund if I would post positive reviews of the knife online.

5. theirishboxer

theirishboxer Loaded Pockets

Having read your reviews I see no problems with them, you are quite fluent in English (probably more so than I), you explain your self well and give very detailed reviews of the product in question. That being said, this is the internet and some people will find a reason to dislike dislike just about anything, or to put it into the words of a poet "Haters gonna hate". Don't let it get you down and keep up the good work.

6. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

everyone seems to do reviews these days.... Last soccer season ....8year old boys on my sons soccer team on you tube talking about their cleats. Anyone can do it.....I guess the question should be is .........why?

7. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Oh, yeah... when you refer to your blog ....yeah, that's lame. Why does everyone need a blog?

Puinsai and 0dBm like this.
  8. aliaspostmortem

aliaspostmortem Loaded Pockets

Get a life!

Skickat från min HTC One via Tapatalk

9. aliaspostmortem

aliaspostmortem Loaded Pockets

But the answer to why in my case is personal, long and private. But it has to do with rehabilitation from illness.

Skickat från min HTC One via Tapatalk

10. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

You are on a private forum... that is successful... people try to direct traffic all the time. You'd also be surprised at how many members are selling their stuff behind the scene. Hope you get better.

11. Adahn

Adahn Loaded Pockets

Chit chat is as old as mankind. Now it's youtube, before it was the campfire and of course it's always the workplace.
    We speak about what's interesting/important for us at the moment and nearly anyone of us has a little teacher inside who wants to share with others what important things they found out. I think that's pretty natural and like everything it can get obsessive.
    And just like when you're living in a village you either gossip share your knowledge, too, or you just learn to ignore it.

12. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

There is a difference between a share... and like hunting. We're in the like my selfie stage of humanity. Didn't see that coming.

13. Adahn

Adahn Loaded Pockets

If you're parents would've had phartsmones already they would've been the selfie generation.
    Humans don't change, circumstances do.

14. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Humans change all the time... self expression has changed since people can become famous for essentially nothing.

15. Adahn

Adahn Loaded Pockets

And do you think if this technology would've been available at another time the result would be any different?

16. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

You'd have to ask a person with a cell phone that question... Never owned one. And yes, lap top, surface pro, desktops, and tablets everywhere. Lemmings don't jump off cliffs.

17. Adahn

Adahn Loaded Pockets

“The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They
    contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.”

Socrates
    469 - 399 BC

Cobra 6 Actual, sungame, TDS and 4 others like this.
  18. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

FYI, not a Socrates quote.. :p It was written by Kenneth John Freeman in his college dissertation (Cambridge) about the Ancient Greek Educational System. The quote was his way of conveying his opinion of the state of children in Ancient Greece's educational system. He was correctly quoted for a few years until the Oakland Tribune misattributed his quote to Socrates in 1922. Much like the quotes that are often misattributed to Voltaire, we find that one thing that hasn't changed is that reporters/newspapers rarely do their due diligence and misreport information. :)

1908, “Schools of Hellas: an Essay on the Practice and Theory of Ancient Greek Education from 600 to 300 BC” by Kenneth John Freeman

I think that some people in the world today like the notion that the world has always been as bad as it is today because it somehow alleviates them from any responsibility in working to fix the world around them.

19. theirishboxer

theirishboxer Loaded Pockets

The more things change the more they stay the same. I really don't know if things were better before the technology revolution as I grew up in it. I do know that people have been anti social, rude, ignorant, and many other things that are blamed on the devices long before they were invented. They used to blame this stuff on rock and roll music and before that it was something else.

I'm not saying we shouldn't try to fix the world I'm saying we should stop pointing fingers and actually do something

20. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

Agreed 100%.