1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Refill for Tactile Turn Shaker

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by Nags, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Nags

Nags Loaded Pockets

Parker style refill, has the Schmidt Easyflow 9000 black currently. Think I'd like blue better. It's good but not my fave. My favorite refill so far is the Montblanc Rollerball fine in blue. Anything Parker style that would be about the same as the Montblanc Rollerball?

2. Stonerman33
    • In Omnia Paratus

Stonerman33 Loaded Pockets

Parker gel, moleskine gel refills are actually pretty nice, despite their subpar reputation with notebooks. Google "well appointed desk refill guide" and you'll find Ana has curated a rather epic list.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

3. CatsTide

CatsTide Loaded Pockets

Love me some Parker gel:)

4. Russ Prechtl

Russ Prechtl EDC Junkie!!!!!

Have you tried the Itoya Refills yet?

5. Nags

Nags Loaded Pockets

I have not. I was looking at getting a Maxmadco pen which has that refill. I see a 1.0mm in blue, which I want but would prefer a finer point. Any idea what the Schmidt Easyflow 9000 is in millimeters, it's a medium size but doesn't give any measurement on their website that I could find?

6. Nags

Nags Loaded Pockets

Thanks, I see a Moleskine in blue and 0.5mm, how does that write on everyday paper as opposed to moleskine paper which they say they are designed for?

7. Russ Prechtl

No, I sure don't. I like finer points too and use both the Schmidt and the Itoya (in a Maxmadco Ti Pen). For me, the size seems to come down to how hard you press. If you don't press down very hard when you write, both are pretty fine.

Nags likes this.
  8. chavez

chavez Loaded Pockets

I have the Schmidt Easyflow 9000 and Levenger Easy-Flow (which I think is basically the same thing) in some of my pens and I think it is a 1.0 mm refill.

Nags likes this.
  9. Nags

Nags Loaded Pockets

How do you like that Maxmadco in titanium? I am about to order one very soon in either titanium or black aluminum. If I get the black aluminum I'd get the grooves cut into it.

Russ Prechtl likes this.
  10. Russ Prechtl

I LOVE the Ti! It is truly my EDC pen and I haven't carried any others since it came in. That's saying a lot since I write so much at work. I can burn through a refill in ONE WEEK. :frantic:

I've owned the stainless, aluminum, and Ti versions. The stainless was a little too top-heavy for me. The aluminum was extremely light and slippery, requiring a "death grip" to keep it from slipping. I'm not sure how much the grooves would help because you'd still have to squeeze it pretty hard for them to work. I sold them both. The Ti is just right! It has great weight, proper balance, and a nice-feeling textured grip. It's not slippery at all. If you can swing it, I'd highly recommend the Ti.

MKLight likes this.
  11. MikeFromGermany

MikeFromGermany Loaded Pockets

Love the Parker Gel refills even though they don't last as long as a regular ballpoint refill.
    Also nice and something like a 'more fluid normal ballpoint':

The Parker Quinkflow refill.

12. Stonerman33
    • In Omnia Paratus

I'll see if I can do a writing sample when I get home, I actually have the 0.5 blue in one of my Rotring pens. Any paper in particular?

13. Nags

Nags Loaded Pockets

Field Notes or regular notebook school paper. I haven't gotten too particular about my paper yet. I guess that's the next aspect of my edc to think about :)

14. Stonerman33
    • In Omnia Paratus

[​IMG]

foxmo likes this.
  15. Nags

Nags Loaded Pockets

Thanks Stonerman33. Much appreciated.

16. Stonerman33
    • In Omnia Paratus

Not a problem. Hopefully it helps you decide what to try out.

17. jcwc

jcwc Loaded Pockets

I've not tried a Montblanc rollerball so I don't know how it feels - what about it do you like over the Easyflow 9000?

I've used the following:

[​IMG]

All 3 are very good in their own way. In my opinion, the Easyflow 9000 is the smoothest of the bunch - it's almost slick in the way it glides across paper. The Visconti is very smooth, though not as slick as the Easyflow 9000, and it gives good feedback while writing.The Itoya is similar to the Visconti, with the needlepoint though I feel as if I cannot press the pen as hard against paper (e.g. when I'm filling in triplicate forms) but normal writing is fine.

All 3 give consistent lines and don't skip. The color is also rich and strong. The line thickness is also very close, so I reckon the Easyflow 9000 would be like a 0.7mm pen. Certainly not as thick as those 1.0mm gel pens.

18. jcwc

jcwc Loaded Pockets

+1 for the Ti

Russ Prechtl likes this.
  19. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

I've tried many of the Parker style refills our there. The Parker blue gel is the nicest blue color but it washes away with the slightest amount of moisture.
    If Parker would fix that I would not care that they run out easily.

I've been using the Easyflow 9000 in blue..actually the ones from Levenger as they are the freshest and the price is not bad at all. This behaves like a
    ballpoint ink sometimes which is what I'm used to.

I've love to try a Itoya GPR-7 in blue ..when I asked them though they said it was discontinued... not sure if the gel is washable either.

I've have not had good luck with any of the Quinkflow Blue refills. Seemed very dry and faint.

BTW: The Schmidt folks sent me a broad Easyflow.. not readily available in the U.S. It puts an insane amount of ink on the paper making the blue
    even darker. If one likes a really broad point I can't think of anything better. I've settled on the medium Easyflows which are broad enough for
    everyday use.

20. jcwc

jcwc Loaded Pockets

I just tested the washability of the Itoya gel. After writing, I wet my fingertip and gently rubbed on the writing - it didn't wash away.

Ah didn't know there was a broad Easyflow. Have not seen it on sale before. How did you request for it from Schmidt?