1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

REDDEVIL'S EDC,... OR OCD!?!

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by REDDEVIL, Mar 10, 2014.

1. REDDEVIL

REDDEVIL EDC Junkie!!!

Hello all, I don't have the best or fanciest stuff, but I try to get the best gear with the features I like that is still quality made,... just on a budget. These items are always on me. I included all choices that I have for each EDC option (i.e. fixed blade. holster. folder, etc.) depending on destination/ location.
    [​IMG]
    Starting at top and working down by role: Command Post Skinth (right cargo pocket), Glock 19 in horsehide Crossbreed Supertuck IWB holster or Sentry Gunleather Raptor 2 two-tone kydex OWB (3 o'clock), extra mag in Dale Frick kydex Joab or Galco leather HMC (1 o'clock), cheap trifold leather wallet (right back pocket), Kabar sm TDI in Phlster fightworthy sheath or one of my CRKT folts minimalists; tanto or clip point (11 o'clock), Casio Illuminator; cheapy but takes a beating (left wrist), and paracord bracelet (right wrist). Not pictured is the can of snuff and Rite in the Rain 3x5 notebook I keep in my left cargo pocket. Also not shown is the Iphone 5S, in a black Magpul case, that I am taking the pics with. It rides in my left pocket.
    [​IMG]
    ball cap, 4" locking pliers (alternate for MT in skinth), keys on AWP clip always with Leatherman style CS attached and sometimes with carabiner with Trekker Space pen and Vic SD.

In the vein of total disclosure, I suffer from a bit OCD in the knif flashlight dept. If I buy a torch, then I have to find a knfe to go with it. Once these pairs have been formed, usually based on size and style, they cannot be unpaired at anytime or for any reason. I wear whatever combo suits my fancy that day with the flashlight in left rear pocket and the folder in the back right pocket. As you will see I am partial to tanto, clip, or droppoint flippers that can be arranged tip up, it just so happens, Kershaw is the only brand to meet all requirements most times. I am also partial to H-M-L torches that have strobe, Rear clicky, and a side switch. I use eneloops for my aa & aaa lights and whatever name brand is cheapest for my cr123's.
    [​IMG]
    L to R: Fenix PD22/ Kershaw RJ II, Olight M-10 Maverick/ Kershaw Brawler, Lumaforce Tac5/ Kershaw Freefall, Fenix LD22/ Kershaw Swerve, Klarus ST20/ Spyderco Tenacious.
    [​IMG]
    And for a little lighter carry, L to R: Lumintop Tool AAA/ Kershaw OD-2, Lumapower Avenger GX/ Kershaw Chill, 47's Preon 2/ Kershaw Leek, Lumaforce LFAA/ Kershaw Volt II

Here is some mediocre, at best, pics of my Skinth Command Post loaded up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here is the contents and locations, attempting a L to R: Skinth command Post Black with red paperclip (bottom of pen tube), five 4" zipties (pentapocket behind pen tubes), and three safety pins (flap loop) still attached, lip balm (main compartment), Chapman bit set (main compartment elastic band), mini sharpie and balck Fisher Bullet space pen (in two pen tubes),Chapman Ratchet (pentapocket behind large tube), Bic Lighter (main compartment), Homemade mini 1st aid kit ("notebook" slot compartment), Leatherman Wingman (large tube), small roll black Gorilla Tape (main compartment), Camel Snus tin with spare batteries: 2x AA, 2x AAA, and 1 CR123 ( bottom of main compartment), 10' tape measure (affixed to hook field by adhesive backed loop tape applied to back), Image reflector flexible scratchproof credit card mirror (credit card slot/ compartment), Sharpwerks sm Prybuddy and cheap 8G key shaped USB drive (in front small slots- not shown is True Utility SciXors, just got them today and testing them,... not sure what I think of them yet, sure don't replace Leatherman Style CS scissors!), Scotch superglue pen (main compartment elastc band.

Hope you enjoyed,... if you have any questions, want detailed pics of anything, or more specific contents, just let me know! Thanks for letting me join in the madness!!

Last edited by REDDEVIL, Mar 19, 2014
  2. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Wow! And I thought I packed a Skinth:D

REDDEVIL and vegassprky like this.
  3. bull_paqqy
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

bull_paqqy EDC Junkie!!!!!

Nice set up. Any butterfly bandages :)

4. REDDEVIL

REDDEVIL EDC Junkie!!!

of course, give me a few and I will take some pics of the FAK contents

5. bull_paqqy
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

I was really only joshing you :) Butterfly bandages are my answer to everything. I couldn't pull off the G19 everyday. I went with the G26. But nice stuff none the less.

6. REDDEVIL

REDDEVIL EDC Junkie!!!

TEASE! Got me all excited and whatnot!

SAKplumber likes this.
  7. REDDEVIL

REDDEVIL EDC Junkie!!!

I do what I can ;)

SAKplumber likes this.
  8. REDDEVIL

REDDEVIL EDC Junkie!!!

Oh, and as far as the G19,... being 6'2" and 240lbs definitely helps!!:D

9. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

You can post that break down of your Skinth in the Skinth Load Out Thread;) It would be helpful for those members who pack it like us:D

Nick4305 likes this.
  10. Varmitslayer

Varmitslayer Loaded Pockets

Awesome setup. I can see your a fan of kershaw's.:D

11. REDDEVIL

REDDEVIL EDC Junkie!!!

already did, the funny thing about it is that it may be PACKED but everything slides in and out easily and does not require something else to be removed to get it out with the exception of the spare batteries that are in the very bottom of the main compartment but those are the least used emergency batts so quicl access isn't a priority for me on those

12. REDDEVIL

REDDEVIL EDC Junkie!!!

I like a lot of other brands but my OCD wants a flipper, tip up carry, no frame locks, no SS, TI, Aluminum (or any metal scales for that matter), Torx construction. I would love my kershaws more if they all had g10 scales and were stonewashed blades. Oh, and some of Kershaw's clips are just plain funky lookin!

Varmitslayer likes this.
  13. Varmitslayer

Varmitslayer Loaded Pockets

I know what you mean I used to love my old kershaw scallion (before it was destroyed in the washing machine :mad: ), but I hated it's oversized pocket clip.

14. REDDEVIL

REDDEVIL EDC Junkie!!!

^ The Leek is the only oddball being a framelock and having aluminum scales but it matched my preon so well I had to overlook the aforementioned atrocities;) They're my fancy dress up and act like an adult EDC:D

KODIAKman and Varmitslayer like this.
  15. REDDEVIL

REDDEVIL EDC Junkie!!!

Although you were kidding, your question gave me an idea for a thread in the FAK section. I show a breakdown of what's in my mini kit so I can get suggestions on what I am missing or a more consolidated way to carry what I have so I have more room for more stuff!! Check it out

16. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

A micro grappling hook (i always answer this way if asked what to add, but i really EDcarry one !)
    Nick

17. bull_paqqy
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick, where did you pick yours up? My wife is deathly afraid of sinkholes, so I thought I would get here one and some paracord. Thanks

Nick4305 likes this.
  18. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Hi, i bought my own via an online store here in Europe, but was checking it just few minutes ago and it's out of stock for all the three sizes. I may PM you the site as well if anyway interested in. The only other place i know is CC (that one...), and seems that nobody want to buy on it...
    Let me know how i may further help.
    Nick

19. REDDEVIL

REDDEVIL EDC Junkie!!!

Hey, you never know you need something until you carry it. Even if it is looking for situations to use it:D

Nick4305 likes this.
  20. bull_paqqy
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

I picked up the standard size from countycomm the micro and smaller are not weight supporting.