1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Recycled Firefighter Chief Pack

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by CANNIBALdinner., Aug 18, 2016.

1. CanvasNBrass

CanvasNBrass Loaded Pockets

Or he does what a lot of companies do and pay people to post positive comments as well as post pictures on their own IG's.

CANNIBALdinner. likes this.
  2. Melders

Melders Loaded Pockets

really a bummer. was super interested in some of their products.... now not so much.

3. Outlander

Outlander Loaded Pockets

Just to be clear, this was not a manufacturing issue, it was something you did to the bag right? Or do you believe it was shoddy manufacturing?

Just want to make sure I have all the facts. Not taking sides.

4. GatorMedic

GatorMedic Loaded Pockets

Sucks to hear about your bag. I'd be pretty bummed to have an issue a day after getting a new bag and plopping down so much money for it. I've bought a few items from him (two Sergeant wallets and two Inspectors) and was satisfied with their quality although I've since sold all but one. His Customer Service response was lacking, and a little shady to delete the comment on IG. When it comes down to bags, I personally just stick to the well known and respected brands that I know can handle just about anything I could throw at it--5.11, The North Face, and Osprey. Bonus is they're all considerably cheaper than the RF bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. kottskrapa

kottskrapa Loaded Pockets

I have been thinking about this thread and my own gear from him and the final thought might be that the company have grown a bit to fast and the name got some status a lot faster than it should. I am very happy with my wallet and my fieldnotes cover, no doubt about that.

But the step from making wallets on spare time to manufacture wallets, notebook covers, backpacks and all other gear he been up to might be to much.. Other companies doing this do it full time with a whole staff.

And with your bad luck and the response you got send me some sort of signal of that the company has come to a point where it has to make a decision about scaling down and being a part time thing or scale up to be a full time job..

Looking at the self promotion on social media, I don't know.. Fun thing in the garage or full time job with staff.. I think it is time to choose..

It is hard to get the thoughts out in written words some times.. But do you guys get my point?

It's not failure if you learn something from it

6. Anthony Bonacci

Anthony Bonacci Loaded Pockets

The whole situation is a shame really . Sucks it wasn't handled better . I recently lost the pocket clip on one of my coast flashlights , emailed them , and they sent me a replacement free of charge all the way from Oregon to Ohio in 3 days. That's customer service !

Tom A Hawk and CANNIBALdinner. like this.
  7. CANNIBALdinner.

CANNIBALdinner. Loaded Pockets

It's explained in the beginning of this thread.

8. Outlander

Outlander Loaded Pockets

Ok.

I just ordered one. My brother is a fire chief and this will be a great gift. I got him the bunker gear version.

Its a volunteer fire dept in rural America and it'll go with him everywhere on his regular job(electrician). He drives directly to wherever the fire is, and this bag will hold some essential gear he will need at the scene.

CANNIBALdinner. and camporama like this.
  9. CANNIBALdinner.

Lol. This sounds like a sales pitch. You on RFFs payroll?

CBisch and os2soliz like this.
  10. Outlander

Outlander Loaded Pockets

Wow! You are something.

os2soliz and CANNIBALdinner. like this.
  11. os2soliz

os2soliz Loaded Pockets

Outlander, if you want to get your brother something for him to use, when he's responding to an emergency and it actually counts, you may want to reconsider your choice for gear. If the bag rips, or has holes in it, and he loses gear it could be a really bad situation.

12. ncfh

ncfh Loaded Pockets

lol.

Literally everyone else in the thread is expressing concern, nearly three pages of communal disappointment in the company's quality, customer service, and oh, hiding/deleting critical reviews or comments from customers about their products.

And along comes Sally, "Well gee this all just sounds fantastic, I'm going to buy one for my (insert socially impressive occupation) sibling."

And theres nothing to be suspicious of there?

Exceptional!

13. CANNIBALdinner.

Hahahahah! My thoughts exactly!

F-Bobby, CBisch and os2soliz like this.
  14. iacchus

iacchus Loaded Pockets

Those packs have a great design, the apparent end-user support issues brought up in this thread notwithstanding. I'm sure your brother will love it, especially w/ him being a firefighter himself.
    Regardless of everything else, that was a really cool, thoughtful thing to buy your bro.

I hope it serves him well.

.................................................................................................................
    Calm down everybody.
    Calling into question the character of a member who has been around since 2010 over a present he says he already bought his brother seems a step too far. It really does seem like a great gift (especially if he bought before he saw this thread, which is the way I read it).
    I don't see him defending the quality or the company anywhere. I hope for his sake that his experience with RFF is 180 degrees from CANNIBALdinner's.

Many of us were excited about this pack when it came out. If I had a brother who was a firefighter, I would have been proud to get him one too.

Last edited by iacchus, Sep 2, 2016
    Flashman and MikeM like this.
  15. ParTimeBourne

ParTimeBourne Loaded Pockets

Unless that clipboard has been repurposed as a weapon and has sharpened edges then for me manufacturing fault/end user accident is a grey area. A bag that is marketed as a hard use bag by a company who claim it has "mil-spec durability" and will last "25 years" and promises it is "strong, unique, purpose built, and won't let you down" immediately fails after taking a tumble down some stairs? Unless I read the thread wrong the OP didn't take the bag to Afghanistan to fight the Taliban - he was carrying something you might reasonable expect to be carried and it fell down a few stairs.

Then the manufacturer lies about what was offered to him to make it right, writes an after-the-fact email with obvious sarcastic overtones and then he deletes a negative comment from his IG account.

Sorry but for a bag being sold for $170 that doesn't even come close to being up to scratch and far from telling everybody to calm down I am personally glad of the information because they have seen the last of my business.

In this price range there are bag companies with a proven track record of customer service that puts this to shame.

16. iacchus

iacchus Loaded Pockets

If you read my posts carefully, you will see that I agree with your opinion.
    I own a few things from RFF and am disappointed with both the quality of what should have been a great pack and the response from a manufacturer I was kinda fond of before this.

They certainly won't be seeing any of my money from here on out either, nor would I suggest anyone buy their wares (quite the opposite in fact).

What I was referring to when I suggested folk needed to calm down was the idea that a member here since 2010 was posting in this thread as a paid shill for RFF. I do not think that there is any reason to impugn the character of a fellow member over the scant amount they posted in this thread.

As far as the bag though, and the manufacturer...yeah. I have nothing for them after their display w/ CANNIBLEdinner, and am very glad he posted his experiences. Especially since I was looking pretty hard at the same bag.

I had posted much the same on page 1 of this thread.

GatorMedic and CANNIBALdinner. like this.
  17. ParTimeBourne

ParTimeBourne Loaded Pockets

My misunderstanding- apologies. And I should have read your posts properly.

GatorMedic and CANNIBALdinner. like this.
  18. iacchus

iacchus Loaded Pockets

No worries.

This is an important thread, and I hope anyone interested in RFF's gear sees it.

19. CANNIBALdinner.

Yeah man. It was just a plain government issue Skillcraft aluminum clipboard. Nothing medieval about it. Lol.

I'm happy that many of you are finding this information useful. I haven't seen any other reviews on this bag out there yet, so I'm not sure how others are doing with theirs.

CBisch and iacchus like this.
  20. os2soliz

os2soliz Loaded Pockets

This is reminiscent of my dealings with another company. I do not have a recycled firefighter bag or any other gear, this is about another company. Please bear with me. I purchased a 200.00 bag with the advertizing and forums (not this one particular) saying its bombproof. Lifetime warranty, built for hard use, milspec, etc. I am an office pogue, the most stress it gets is carring a padfolio and other EDC gear from my car to my desk. Not a big deal right, well after about 8 months it started breaking down. No bad fall, no overload, no trips to Iraq, just started failing. I contacted the company and they said to bad, sorry no lifetime warranty repair or replacement. Just not going to do anything about it. I chalked it up to lesson learned and told all my friends about it. We went out and bought other bags, me to replace, them for when they started doing EDC. My friends learned from my mistake. I get to learn from CANNIBALdinner's experience. Thank you for bringing it up, and apologies if needed.

Dr Jekell and CANNIBALdinner. like this.