1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Recycled Firefighter Chief Pack

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by CANNIBALdinner., Aug 18, 2016.

1. CANNIBALdinner.

CANNIBALdinner. Loaded Pockets

Just got it yesterday. Got home from work today and accidentally dropped it down some stairs. A metal clipboard I was carrying tore a hole in the cordura. Awesome.

I emailed and asked if they offer any kind of repair services. Frankly, I'm questioning the durability overall at this point since it did seem to rip so easily.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Kinda hard to see, but I can see my finger through it from the outside, so it'll undoubtedly get bigger.

Really sucks too because the design is perfect for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

Its good to see this "firefighter" bag making its first appearance in this forum, albeit in a less desirable fashion. Looks like a defect on the material as this is contrary from the review I've read at Carryology.

CANNIBALdinner. likes this.
  3. CANNIBALdinner.

Well just heard back. They said that they do not offer repairs but asked me to send some pics so they could maybe offer some DIY solutions.....

Sucks. There goes my $. Lol. Guess the search for another bag of similar size and dimensions is on.... Leaning towards the BO Gear Bullpup pack.

4. Vartz04

Vartz04 Loaded Pockets

You know for that kind of price and all the hype he makes about his products this is really not acceptable from a durability standpoint. This coming from a guy who has about $250 worth of his stuff

5. CANNIBALdinner.

I agree. I own a lot of his stuff too and all the fire hose stuff really is bomb proof, so I figured the pack would be as well. But the nylon is exceptionally thin on the side walls of the pack. The back and bottom seem sufficient. I'm also not so sure how long the shoulder straps will last since they seem to be sewn directly to the pack.

6. Flashman

Flashman Loaded Pockets

Yeah, the crappy Wally World packs I used to buy my kids for school took a lot more abuse than that, and lasted a lot longer. I was intrigued, but wouldn't consider one now.

col132 and CANNIBALdinner. like this.
  7. CANNIBALdinner.

No kidding. I had a Jan sport pack that I must have paid $20 for that lasted me mostly through high school....(like a million years ago...lol)

8. Fabregas485
    • In Omnia Paratus

Fabregas485 Loaded Pockets

That sucks. Can't say I have heard of this company, but surely he should try and resolve the problem. Threads like this are not so good for business. I am guessing the bag is made from recycled materials? Is it possible the materials used on your bag were worn too far to the point it is ripping so easily?

9. CANNIBALdinner.

Could be. But yeah, definitely shouldn't have torn so easily. I've put many other bags through way more and had no trouble.

And yes, the fact that all I was offered are some "do it yourself" solutions was kinda lame. Especially since I only had it for one day.

10. MCPOWoller

MCPOWoller Loaded Pockets

That really sucks and is poor customer service in my book. I had a Blackhawk 3 day assault pack that I beat the crap out of while deployed and they sewed it right up. No charge. Seems fire hose isn't as strong as the hype. Sorry to hear about this for you.

11. CANNIBALdinner.

Well this pack isn't made from the fire hose material. That stuff truly is bomb proof. This is made from either a leather or bunker gear front, with cordura nylon body. It's the nylon that failed on me.

12. CANNIBALdinner.

And yeah, Blackhawk is another great company that stands by their gear with warranties and repair policies.

13. Vartz04

Vartz04 Loaded Pockets

I called him out on Instagram cause I have been debating getting one of these but wanted to see what he had to say about this.

[​IMG]

oedipus1978 likes this.
  14. CANNIBALdinner.

Ehh, well he didn't offer to fix it, or I wouldn't have posted that here. I'm definitely not out to bad mouth anyone.

15. CANNIBALdinner.

[​IMG]

16. iacchus

iacchus Loaded Pockets

well, thanks for saving me a couple of hundred bucks.

I really like the design of these and was close to pulling the trigger on one.

For that price, there are more durable packs with better end user support.

Sorry that you ended up on the short end of this stick, but thanks for posting and letting us all know.

Maybe have somebody put a few stitches in it and relegate it to "light-duty". That way you get some use out of it.

Like, really light-duty. I would have never expected it to tear so easily. I actually have those two organizer pouches sitting in cart on his site. Based on the posted convos (and the discrepency between them), I don't think I will be buying them.

CBisch and CANNIBALdinner. like this.
  17. CANNIBALdinner.

Just heard back from them again. Their email is below:

Bummer. We have a few suggestions for you. You could get a patch of some sort, usually at a fabric store or even Walmart, and adhere it on the back side, inside the pack, to reinforce that area. Or, a local seamstress or alterations place might be able to put a few small stitches in it for super cheap. You could send it back to us and we would do our best to reinforce it, but that would cost you shipping both ways, and our time, which would end up being more pricy than we're sure you would want. We wanted to give you a variety of options, with cost effectiveness in mind, to help! We're sorry the pack took a spill so early in your time with it. We appreciate your support! Hope this helps!

Customer Support Team
    Recycled Firefighter LLC

18. Flashman

Flashman Loaded Pockets

Wow. I wasn't impressed with the quality. But I figured if he didn't want to fix it under warranty as it received accidental damage, whatever. That would be a judgement call, and probably wasn't technically covered under warranty.

The discrepancy between the 2 posts is just wrong.

I was thinking about a wallet, but no way.

iacchus and CANNIBALdinner. like this.
  19. Vartz04

Vartz04 Loaded Pockets

I didn't think you were.

20. iacchus

iacchus Loaded Pockets

Same here. Everything before that was interesting info and good to know. The initial response posted and the IG response being so different (follow-up email notwithstanding) seals that particular deal for me. I was fine until then.