1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Recs for subtle tactical/self-defense gear?

Discussion in 'Personal Security Devices & Self-Defense' started by justfallapart, Jun 22, 2012.

1. JustinJ
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

JustinJ Loaded Pockets

combine that with a folding chair, and you can give someone a really bad day.

2. Slipjoint

Slipjoint Loaded Pockets

I'm not saying that the idea has no merit, but a rolled up magazine is a poor choice for a weapon. It's better than nothing, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you can't possibly carry anything else.

3. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

My $0.02: If you have the time and inclination to train/practice enough with a "tactical pen" to make it a viable self-defense weapon you have the time to train/practice enough to equip yourself for empty hand defense.

JustinJ and SAKplumber like this.
  4. musicman13

musicman13 Loaded Pockets

As silly as this is but I like car keys. Ironically I picked this up from an episode of doomsday preppers at work. If I'm walking around somewhere I reasonably believe that something COULD happen I'll hold the plastic part where the car logo is in a closed fist in my right hand. From there I'll have the metal part extended out from between my middle and ring fingers. If the need for me to defend myself arises (and I can't escape) I can use my car key as a striking tool to the stomach, throat, eyes, or what have you.
    And I don't think it'll be too difficult to explain why I have my car keys while out running errands or walking through a parking lot.

JustinJ likes this.