1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

recs for EDC pouch to fit inside Goruck Bullet?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by ninjastyle, Nov 26, 2016.

1. ninjastyle

ninjastyle Empty Pockets

Hoping I can harness some of the collective wisdom in the forum. I'm looking for a bag or pouch that:
    • Is no more than 9" wide (but I don't care if it is a vertically oriented pouch or a horizontally oriented pouch)
    • Holds an iPad Mini 4 + some other small items (passport, earphones, pen, socks, eye mask, etc)
    • Does not weigh a ton
    • Some internal organization/dividers, light padding, etc. would be nice but not critical
    As you might guess, the primary use is for air travel.
    I spent all day on Google and Amazon, and I've basically narrowed it down to the Condor T&T Pouch (10" x 7.5", 15 oz., so it is a little too large and too heavy), the Condor Small Utility Pouch (8.5" x 5.75", 6 oz., haven't been able to figure out the internal dimensions so I'm unsure if the iPad Mini will fit in there along with other items), and the Red Rock Large Molle Utility Pouch (9" x 7.5", 8 oz.). I will probably end up going with the Red Rock because it is the best combination of size and weight, although given its depth (2.5") I anticipate it might be a little floppy.
    I've also looked at a variety of admin pouches, pistol pouches and other utility pouches but I haven't come across anything better. Hoping someone can point me to other resources. Thank you!

Macgirl likes this.
  2. Macgirl

Macgirl Loaded Pockets

Last edited by Macgirl, Nov 26, 2016
  3. baccar-3

baccar-3 Loaded Pockets

1000D Nylon
    This EDC Gadget pouch is ideal for someone who wants to storage all their pocket-carried EDC gear into one location, this accessory kit will neatly and orderly store these items into one compact, low profile package for your rapid access
    MOLLE style attachment straps to meet demand for tactical pouch, can be added on your tactical gears, you can easily use this bag as a molle waist pouch, belt pouch, backpack addition pouch molle vest add pouch and so on
    Two zippered compartments, exterior phone pocket(fits iPhone 5/6S/6/7/7 Plus)with buckle closeure, exterior pen sheath
    As a utility tool organizer pouch, it's great for storing cell phone, keychain, GPS device, digital cameras, medical supplies, small tools, and everything else you need readily accessible
    Compact size 6.7 x 4.7x 2 inches.

[​IMG]pouch1 by ?, on Flickr

[​IMG]pouch by ?, on Flickr

[​IMG]pouch2 by ?, on Flickr

4. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

I EDC my Bullet 15 to work and do carry pouches to keep my essentials compact in the bag, so I use eagle creek accessories and they come in many sizes from cubes to pouches, works well since they are very light and I have at least 5 of them, the largest of which I use to contain my light jacket or blazer at the back compartment. Its a small looking bag that is light yet able to take a good load!

5. 62Tele

62Tele Loaded Pockets

I've been using the GR2 padded pocket to carry a camera and a couple of lenses in my Bullet 10 and it works great. I can either let it rest on the bottom or hang it from the bladder attachment depending on what else I'm carrying etc. If that one is too big, the GR1 and Echo sizes fit as well of course. Cool thing about any of them is that you can attach them to the outside of the Bullet - the GR2 size would have an unsupported row of Molle webbing though, so for that application the GR1 or Echo sizes would work a little better.

Otherwise, as per above, Eagle Creek makes some great stuff.

343KD likes this.
  6. ninjastyle

ninjastyle Empty Pockets

Thanks for all the suggestions. I decided to go with the Red Rock. If it doesn't work out, I found a few other options by Emdom and Rescue Essentials, and I'll check out the Goruck pouches again too.

7. Macgirl

Macgirl Loaded Pockets

steeps likes this.
  8. DragonRider

DragonRider Loaded Pockets

May I ask why it needs to be in a pouch? Also is your Bullet the 2 zip, or more recent 1 zip, that will determine a lot.

If your case and what I do is travel with a bright color Tom Bihn # 5 or 6 Travel Sack and put the things I need most in it, and hook it up to my tray/or seat back with a biner/clipter, so I don't have to bend and dig.

I use a 10L Bullet, 2 zip all the time for EDC with the following

Panel Pocket
    Mac Air in case
    Android Tablet
    Mac Power Cord
    Hot Spot
    Tom Bihn Travel Sack #2 for meds
    Bose Quiet Comfort 20

Mesh Pocket
    Anker 10000 mah battery
    bandanna
    3' lightning cable
    3' micro usb
    aukey 2 port charge block

Hydration Pocket
    Logitech 811
    Magic Trackpad
    Roost Stand
    Tom Bihn Organizer Pouch with flash drives/and such
    Tom Bihn Travel Sack #1 with travel routers, cable, usb block, chromecast
    Tom Bihn Travel Tray, 2 Hard drives, 6' hdmi, and a bunch of dongles, cables, antennas

9. andyang

andyang Loaded Pockets

helo there...i have 1 bullet 10 v2.....
    so the same question.....any slim / flat pouch or organizer to attach inside the bullet 10 (which there is a hook on top).
    hope to get some new comments and idea....
    thanks in advace.

10. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

I slide my ten inch tablet snugly into the slip pocket integral of the Bullet and put my other odds and ends in a GORUCK Echo Field Pocket which is the exact width of the bag. Chargers go in the mesh pocket, and things I'd want to grab quickly in the top, zippered pocket.