1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Recommendations RE Tactical/Assault Gloves

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by subseasniper, Apr 20, 2010.

1. subseasniper

subseasniper Empty Pockets

Hey all.

I am looking into getting a hardwearing pair of tactical gloves. They need to be in black.

I was looking at the Oakley gloves but they look at bit too brutal.

I will wear them when working as an LEO so need something fairly low profile but hardwearing with good grip and offering reasonable hand protection and a little bit of warmth.

Any ideas?

2. subseasniper

subseasniper Empty Pockets

3. Boy SureFire

Boy SureFire May The Bridges I Burn Light The Way

After two semesters (7-8ish months) of of weight lifting, & nightly dog walks my 5.11 tactical TAC AK2 Gloves are in need of replacing due to some torn stitching (some of which tore after only a week of use), & three nickel sized holes... I'd say avoid 5.11 gloves, Hopefully someone else will have a good suggestion for you.

4. tire iron

tire iron Empty Pockets

I have a couple of pair of the Wiley X CAG gloves - mine are OD and Tan - but they come in black. I like them. I have use them for Fugitive Recovery work - and never had to worry about banging my knuckles on hard surfaces. The knuckle protectors take some getting used to (if you have tight pockets you'll have to take your gloves off to get in your pockets as the knuckle protectors stick out some, etc.) - but once you do - they are very good gloves.

I got both of my pairs off of ebay for around $60.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/wiley-x-tac-1-tactical-gloves.html

Hope this helps,

cheers

tire iron

5. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil Loaded Pockets

why do the oakley gloves "look too brutal"?

6. Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

Not sure if this is what you had in mind or not: http://www.lapolicegear.com/511-59305.html I bought a pair on sale and have been impressed with them. If you don't like the long "cuff" the LA Police Gear site also has a pair of 5.11 Tactical Centurions at about $13 that might fit your requirements.

I can't comment on the durability of the 5.11 gloves I got because I have only had them for a week. But, at $16.99 I can't go too far wrong.

7. lexmedic157

lexmedic157 Loaded Pockets

I have Hatch Shorty Operator and Oakley Factory Pilot gloves. I love them both. The Oakley have a bit of an intimidation factor to them, but both are great to shoot in and have reasonable dexterity for a glove. I prefer the elastic wrist on the Hatch as to the velcro closure on the Oakleys. I've used them both for cold weather shooting and have never had a problem with manipulating my G23, AR, or 870.

8. Bigreno

Bigreno Loaded Pockets

I have been wearing the 5.11 TAC-A on the job for a while now and really like them. They are so cheap, they are almost disposable but they offer surprisingly good grip and feel. One of my coworkers wears the Hatch Street Guard and swears by them.

9. Chinaman

Chinaman Empty Pockets

Tac NFO2 Gloves

I recomend these gloves to everyone. The two pairs that I have purchased have gone through alot. Both surviving a tour in Afghanistan last year. They are quite comfortable and fit very well.

10. Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

Yep, Chinaman, these are similar to the gloves on sale for $16.99 at LA Police Gear: they're 5.11 Tac NFOE ones (essentially the same as yours, but with the longer cuff). One thing I found, now that I've fooled around with them a bit more is that they're cut a little small. I have average size hands (usually buy medium or large gloves in stores), but had to get the XL 5.11 Tac NFOE ones.

11. JSmith88

JSmith88 Loaded Pockets

I'm a big fan of the Oakleys, but the 5.11 I have heard excellent things about. I know a guy who actually wears Nike golf gloves as his Tac gloves for his PD job, and he loves them.

12. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Empty Pockets

As a photographer, I need fingerless gloves. I have a pair of Hatch Reactor fingerless gloves with padded knuckle and back of hand protection, as well as a tidy knifeproof surface on the palm fingers, but the stitching has not stood up well at all over the last two years.