1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Recommendations for wireless headphones!

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by The Albino Yeti, Aug 11, 2017.

1. The Albino Yeti

The Albino Yeti EDC Junkie

I need wireless headphones or earbuds for work. I would like to stay under $100, and be waterproof and durable. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. lnytunes

lnytunes Loaded Pockets

I got a pair of the JLab Audio Epic2. I've been pretty pleased with them and are pretty durable.

The Albino Yeti likes this.
  3. PlopToken

PlopToken Empty Pockets

I've been using the SkullCandy Hesh 2. The battery life is amazing and the sound quality is pretty good too.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Wilburburns and The Albino Yeti like this.
  4. rob13

rob13 Empty Pockets

I just got some MPow neckband/earbuds (Bluetooth) that I used at work all week. Very nice, double as mic/headset for phone calls, good range, and haven't had to charge them since they arrived (mostly charged). Way below your $100 limit, too.

The Albino Yeti likes this.
  5. EveryDayBeer
    • In Omnia Paratus

EveryDayBeer Loaded Pockets

I've used both MPow and Tao bluetooth earphones at work. Water-resistant since they're made for exercise but not waterproof. A co-worker washed hers and they eventually dried out and half-worked for a while.. so there's that. Got both up on sale for under fifteen bucks a pop.

Just picked up some dirt-cheap Otium over-ear headphones with 13 hour battery life for... twelve bucks on special. They sound pretty good for the twelve bucks. Even over the occasional overhead vac and compressed air exhausts that are always running. I'm all for cheap 'phones at work, if I lost a $100+ set of headphones I would be beyond pissed at myself. Plus, saves money for more durable EDC gear.

6. nylaw

nylaw Loaded Pockets

Not my experience at all with Jlab. I started with the Epic 1's. They replaced probably 3 pair. They give you a credit once they receive the broken pair back. Mainly one of the buds would stop working after 3-4 months. When the Epic 2's came out the connection and battery life where much better but I believe about 4 pairs of those were replaced for the same reason.

With that said, they are probably the most comfortable set I have worn. When I sent the last ones in I decided to go with the Epic Air. Total garbage. They are wireless. The left and right never stay connected to each other while moving. I kept those 2 days and returned them. I still have a credit sitting there but decided to try other brands.

Plantronics Backbeat Fit are just amazing. They never break, comfortable and sound good. They aren't as noise blocking as the Epics due to the way they fit in your ear. I don't want to hear any outside noise. That is the only thing that could be better. I wear them everyday running and or at the gym so i sweat a ton and never an issue. They also never move out of my ears.

I also have a very expensive pair of Boise noise cancelling buds. I keep them at my GF's as a backup. Those run about $300 but I prefer the Plantronics which are in your budget. The Boise has a plastic neck band that the buds come off of. I prefer just a wire on the back of my neck.

7. Diezel

Diezel Loaded Pockets

Monster iSport are what I have been using, great sound, waterproof, under $100

8. Datu

Datu Loaded Pockets

Son in law gave me a pair of syllable wireless ear buds. Not bad. Rechargeable, pats about an hour 40 or two hours. Come with usb cable and case, will recharge on IPhone charger.

9. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

Waterproof or splash proof? I have the TauTronics TTBH07's. They're splash proof, fit comfortably and securely and have pretty good sound for a ~$20 pair (Amazon) of BT earbuds.

10. markos

markos Empty Pockets

I have a Plantronics BackBeat Fit. Audio is great, and it is waterprrof.